You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Official Statement from GNR Management

James wrote:

"Axl Rose and Guns N Roses is and will always be one of the most important recording and touring artists of our time, and one of the great rock n roll voices for his generation. We are honored that Axl has placed his trust in us."

Irving/Andy

James

James wrote:

Basically just a way to break the ice and let people know they are involved.

No one should have expected any sort of CD mention at this juncture.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I'm loving this... As long as they're talking, I'm satisfied.

James

James wrote:
Backslash wrote:

I agree. As long as a line of communication is open to the fans, the "wait" becomes manageable. Even if its just to let the hardcores know they are alive. The people who have stuck by the band through all this insanity deserve at least a bit of respect.

I'm starting to think Axl got sick of the "yes men" running the show and decided to bring in some peeps who have more of an interest in the project than just licking his ass while collecting a paycheck.

These guys don't need Axl to survive. Thats a good thing.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Gretchen Wieners wrote:
Backslash wrote:

I agree. As long as a line of communication is open to the fans, the "wait" becomes manageable. Even if its just to let the hardcores know they are alive. The people who have stuck by the band through all this insanity deserve at least a bit of respect.

I'm starting to think Axl got sick of the "yes men" running the show and decided to bring in some peeps who have more of an interest in the project than just licking his ass while collecting a paycheck.

That's the best idea for GNR.  Axl doesn't need people who are intimidated by him and are just going to agree with everything he sees.  He also doesn't need people who aren't on the same page as he is either.  Since he has settled on new management, i'm sure that's what he's got right now with these guys. 

I'm really enjoying the communication.  We don't need daily updates of course, but i hope they keep the communication open.

Nice to hear an official statement and definitely loving the communication.

Backslash

Backslash wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Gretchen Wieners wrote:
Backslash wrote:

That's the best idea for GNR.  Axl doesn't need people who are intimidated by him and are just going to agree with everything he sees.  He also doesn't need people who aren't on the same page as he is either.  Since he has settled on new management, i'm sure that's what he's got right now with these guys.

It's interesting and I totally agree.  All along we were all of the opinion that everyone around Axl was just telling him what he wanted to hear and acting as if he was a god among men.  In the Classic Rock article, that was one of the things that Zutaut said was the main issue with the album before he got involved.  According to Zoot, Axl liked his input because he wasn't just a yes man.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

This is more like it, welcome aboard the crazy train Irving/Andy 9

Backslash

Backslash wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I wonder if they know what they're getting into, with all the internet fans who'll over-analyze their every word. tongue

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Backslash wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I wonder if they know what they're getting into, with all the internet fans who'll over-analyze their every word. tongue

It's probably the first thing they got told about 16

Board footer