You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: April Fools? CD Release Date Announcement?

Neemo wrote:

Brian Mckinney
Los Angeles Times/XM Radio
4-02

Axl Rose will release his long awaited album, "Chinese Democracy", Thursday, April 3rd, 2008.

Andy Gould, part of the management team representing recluse rocker Axl Rose and his band "Guns N' Roses", spoke in brief about Axl Rose's decision to not have any promotion leading up to the release of his new album. "Axl, along with myself, and my partner Irving Azoff, have had several discussions over the last several months regarding Chinese Democracy, while presenting ourselves as a viable avenue for Axl to once again share his art and passion of music to his longtime fans. We supported Axl with making the decision of when and how to release the album. With the high anticipation surrounding Chinese Democracy, and after much discussion, he wanted to "release the album with no knowledge to the fans". Rose added, "Our fans have stuck with us for twenty years, and we wanted to surprise them out of the blue after previous dissapointment due to interference on my attempts to have a release date". Previous reports have indicated a myriad of dates within the calendar year, and Rose has stated that he "wanted to release the album to music stores and for the fans to just happen to walk in and find it". "An industry first, I might add" Gould stated. Gould also said that, "we believe this album is on the same page as their debut album "Appetite for Destruction" (1987). We knew from the start, that during Axl's many associates that he has worked with, his desire to see his vision through, that Axl would release a memorable album". The album he said, will also be available for download on iTunes in the coming weeks.

from Axls Rosed @ HTGTH

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

As much as I wish this to be true (the buzz of him doing this would be promotion unlike any other and I hope the fans here wouldn't share the music  and encourage people to buy) I'm gonna call bullshit.  Ecspecially with today being April Fools and all and as James said, alot of rumors are gonna come out now that GN'R is getting some attention again.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

dunno what to think..i mean it seems to suggest it'll be out on thursday of this week? 16 hmm 18

but i looked on the latimes web site and couldnt find it...and buddy didnt leave a link

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

This is why i don't like my birthday, because it falls so close to April fool's that i get tricked.

CD on my birthday though would be the best present ever!

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I'm going to have to say fake on this.  After the guy was asked if he had a link, he replied:

no, I copied and pasted it

Randall Flagg

There is no way this would happen without us knowing.  If they said they were going to do an internet sell, then I could maybe believe it.  BUt being someone that worked in retail for a few years,  I know that the barcodes and what not are added into the system weeks or months before the product is out.  In fact, more than likely some stores would have already received the CDs and of course, someone would have opened the box and ripped the CD.  There is no way in hell this is remotely possible.

Randall Flagg

Someone should shoot the fuckers that start these rumors.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

well this axls rosed hasnt posted since so obviously his story is bullshit...on top of that it was still april 1st in LA when he posted this article from april 2nd 16

i should put this in the april fools thread 17

echrisl
 Rep: 0 

echrisl wrote:

As I just mentioned on HTGTH, punctuation should be inside quotations marks.  Plus, it isn't believable anyways.  Better prank than most though, at least there are no heinous misspellings.

Yeah, man.

I will have Chinese Democracy sitting and waiting in my mailbox tomorrow, then?

Or not.

Board footer