You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

James wrote:

Wow. Just when it looks like we are near the promised land, we end up on a detour. I have said for years that if the CD era GNR lose either Finck or Stinson, its over.

Not gonna do any crazy speculation until official confirmation from the GNR camp, but its not looking good.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I'm sorry.  I can't see Robin leaving GN'R permanently.  Regardless of the status of CD, he has put 10 years into this band and certainly wouldn't sever ties unless Axl has made it certain CD will never see the light of day (in which case I'll lead a covert military operation composed of dedicated gunners into Axl's mansion to retrive the master copy smile.  Nothing Trent could offer Robin would compare to being known as the lead guitarist when Chinese Democracy releases.  It will be one of the biggest and reviewed albums of all time, and Finck would want his hard work and artistic expressions credited(Better, my favorite song is a Robin song) . 

This leads me to believe that the album won't be out anytime soon, let's say September at the absolute earliest.  Robin if at all prudent, would re-join Guns for the touring that would follow.  While I agree with some that this looks bad in terms of loyalty, let's not forget that Robin was a member of NIN before GN'R and obviously has maintained a relationship with Trent.  As long as it's not taking away from GN'R, I see no problem with it.  The argument that side bands of lesser exposure don't cound doesn't make sense to me.  Every other member either does solo projects or side bands, why should Robin be limited from a band just because it's alot more commerically successful than the Replacements or Nena.  Just my two cents.

edit:  but if it does turn out Robin has left the band, I'll be quite upset.  Robin is my favorite member of this band, save Axl of course, and the energy and vibe he brings on stage is irreplacable.

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

and the energy and vibe he brings on stage is irreplacable.

Everybody is replaceable in this band.

mariposa
 Rep: 2 

mariposa wrote:
starsko wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

and the energy and vibe he brings on stage is irreplacable.

Everybody is replaceable in this band.

So, following your logics, Axl is replaceable as well? 14

I basically agree with everything Randall said. Let's face it, Robin is gonna tour with another band because he won't have  anything else to do for ages. He's been working with Axl for too long now and unless Axl fired him, there's no way he would have chosen to quit when  the album is done. Remember that some time ago people were discussing the fact that CD's release is put on hold. GNR have new managers now but give them time to figure things out. This whole thing is too complex to be solved within a few weeks.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Honestly, I go away for one w/e and this happens.

The positive side says to me this is temporary or maybe he is using the end of his contract and the pending release of CD as a bargaining chip.

Unfortunately what I really am thinking is that if he were to have left temporarily, we would have heard that by now.

All in all doesn't make good reading, although I have to say I did like Robin in NIN before he joined GNR

Right now Axl needs to throw a frickin bone and do a decent update.

Sky Dog wrote:

where there's smoke, there's fire.:ummm:

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:
mariposa wrote:

This whole thing is too complex to be solved within a few weeks.

Get real. It's not rocket science, it's only a rock album.

Sky Dog wrote:

It's only complex because Axl put himself so far behind the 8 ball....I like Robin, but at this point I don't care if he is gone or not. I just want the fuckin' record so I can get on with my pathetic life.:wtf::haha:

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mariposa wrote:

He's been working with Axl for too long now and unless Axl fired him, there's no way he would have chosen to quit when  the album is done.

Again, people are making way too many assumptions.  We don't know for sure that the album is done, we don't know for sure that it hasn't been done since Axl quit the last tour to "finish it".  The only thing I'll agree to is that he wouldn't have left voluntarily if the album was coming out anytime soon, so we know it isn't coming out soon, Robin was fired (unlikely) or his contract is up.

Who knows - as screwed up as this whole saga has been for a decade now, maybe Axl thinks this will push the record company to make a deal.  It won't, but Axl's mind doesn't really work right.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

chinese democracy is conformned by several in the gnr camp to be done
=
robin would not quit gnr right now after 10 years of patience

the nin tour dates are listed through september 9th (more will come but it's only september)
=
robin would be available to tour with gnr in late '08 or early '09 tour IN SUPPORT OF A LATE '08 CD RELEASE which is most likely the earliest it can come out at this point anyways

This changes nothing people.

If he is gone it would be because of some rare circumstance like a fight with axl or unresolved money issues but keep in mind robin is more of a band member in gnr than he is in NIN. he is mainly a hired touring musician for trent. he wants to be in gnr but is still free to do side projects when he is not needed like everyone else in the band.

Board footer