You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Robin back in NIN. Temp or not is the question?

war wrote:
Neemo wrote:
war wrote:
Neemo wrote:

Robin even then though was the guitarist with the most leads...bumble basically was basically doing the same parts as BH had before....from what i remember...though i dont recall bh doing the rhythm stuff much hmm hey gimme a break it was 6 years ago...i went to Toronto both times BTW

both shows were great, weren't they?

oh yeah but still they were different....02 seemed to be more volatile...more electric....06 seemed stable and energetic

whats shows have you been to since this CD rollercoaster ride began?

'02 and '06 minneapolis minnesota

'02 was terrbile - upper deck rear stadium no sound coming out of the rear speakers. it was like listening to the radio on a crappy stereo with static

the only things i took from it were bucket's solo and axl's vocals on 'i think about you

'06 was amazing

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah 02 for me were buckets solo, Brownstone and November Rain

06 highlights were nightrain & Better

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I agree that a Finck departure is a major blow to the CD era fanbase. He is the one that the younger gen of fans(and some older as well) identify with in that role. Love him or hate him, Finck leaving creates a void that will be difficult to fulfill.

However, there's a pot on my stove that's cooking, and it smells like a reunion.

Axl hires new management

VR implode

Finck's status up in the air and not available for at LEAST a year

Other CD era members doing their own projects

Do the math.

Slash did say they played with a new singer, but wouldn't hint as to who.  Doubtful that it's Axl, but with new management and VR imploding, there's a very small chance.  If they played with him, we had better brace ourselves.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

headline reads:

"axl quits guns n roses and joins velvet revolver
Chris Pitman to claim full rights to GNR"

there is no way in hell a lame ass reunion is going to happen.   axl is not going to sell out the band just to bring in a bunch of guys who abandoned it a long time ago and don't deserve to be in the band.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Reunion buzz aside, what we need right now is a Baz fronted VR and a GN'R with Bucket on lead that actually puts out an album this year.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

there is no way in hell a lame ass reunion is going to happen.   axl is not going to sell out the band just to bring in a bunch of guys who abandoned it a long time ago and don't deserve to be in the band.

JB, its passed being in "lame ass" mode and "selling out" or "abandonment".

Pandora's Box has just been opened, and NO ONE knows how its gonna turn out.

Axl hires new management, VR implodes with Weiland ranting that the VR bandmates were "covering up the truth", and Finck all of a sudden decides to do a world tour with NIN.

All this happened in the span of about a week regarding people who go YEARS without doing or saying anything.

Coincidence?

I think not.

JB, you've known me quite a long time and I have always wanted CD and a followup album over a reunion any day of the week.

But its time for everyone to look at the reality of the situation. We may be seeing the implosion of the CD era right before our  very eyes.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Truth is, I was ready to play the reunion card when Weiland first started flying off the handle and then the NIN tour dates went out with a mysterious "reunion" within that band. I'm surprised it took some of you this long to start doing the simple mathematics.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

if finck leaves, now even the harcore fans of the new band won´t support this mess anymore (after the hardcore fans of the old gnr stopped 10 years ago obviously...)

''

Can't speak for everyone else, but it will takes a lot to get me back onboard for another line up change. I saw GNR as a band consisting of Axl and a core of song writers and contributors in Finck, Stinson and Dizzy. The rest could be replaced (after BH left). Now the core is also breaking up and I can hardly imagine this as a band anymore.

But as for a reunion? Unless Slash and Duff just quits the whole VR thing (and if I may so do..please do, its crap anyway) you won't see a reunion and Axl is way to nice to his band mates to just leave them behind after 10 years with Stinson and Finck (although a bit on and off).

But, even I, a person who always looked at reunion posters as insane retards with a naive wet dream see this possibility looming somewhere in the background. With the recent events, it at least got a theoretical possibility of happening.

I couldnt agree more with Lafton on the other stuff though, people ain't taking this serious enough. You just saw the whole of 2008 blow up in your face and people are being naive enough to think they can still release and album or even tour with Finck in 2008. 2008 gone is your best case scenario. 2009 gone too isn't far off in the distance if you ask me.

James Lofton wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

JB, its passed being in "lame ass" mode and "selling out" or "abandonment".

Pandora's Box has just been opened, and NO ONE knows how its gonna turn out.

Axl hires new management, VR implodes with Weiland ranting that the VR bandmates were "covering up the truth", and Finck all of a sudden decides to do a world tour with NIN.

All this happened in the span of about a week regarding people who go YEARS without doing or saying anything.

Coincidence?

I think not.

JB, you've known me quite a long time and I have always wanted CD and a followup album over a reunion any day of the week.

But its time for everyone to look at the reality of the situation. We may be seeing the implosion of the CD era right before our  very eyes.

its a pipe dream.  none of that stuff points to a reunion happening.   its just not gonna happen.  i'll put money on it.

if it did, i would seriously delete every account on every GnR forum.  it would be absolute bullshit, and thats why I know its not gonna happen.

Board footer