You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: If Finck is gone.....

James wrote:

Its time for Buckethead to come back. Blank check if needed. He's probably the only person who can save the impending train wreck to end all train wrecks. Even if Finck will still be on the record, BH needs to be brought back in. If some guitar parts need to be removed, throw BH and BBF into a studio together for a few days and use what comes out of the sessions.

It would also bring a bit more legitimacy to the band because he is on the album, and is the most recognized face in the post 95 era. Touring behind the album could go forward. Just a few alterations, and no one will notice that Finck is even gone(thats not meant as disrespect to Finck).

While Finck's departure could spell the end of the band, desperate times call for desperate measures.

iconbh2qj6.gif

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

If and only IF Finck is officially gone, Bucket would be the only legitimate candiditate to replace Finck on tour.

I really doubt he's gone though.

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

i think it's time for bucket too. i've already said this a few days ago. it would be the best thing that could happen.

but i don't want him and ron together. one guitar virtuoso per band is enough for me. if bucket steps in i only want robin there for rythm and some solos. hell, throw izzy in for a few guest appearances 3

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
supaplex wrote:

i think it's time for bucket too. i've already said this a few days ago. it would be the best thing that could happen.

but i don't want him and ron together. one guitar virtuoso per band is enough for me. if bucket steps in i only want robin there for rythm and some solos. hell, throw izzy in for a few guest appearances 3

well thats dead right

BH and BBF together equals a mess im afraid

to me, it doesnt really matter all that much from a live perspective if Finck aint there. Im sure he's been a major contributor songwriting-wise, but Fortus and BH could more than fulfill live demands I feel

reading some threads over at HTGTH still amuses me though
it seems the attitude over there is that regardless of who is in the band this week, you're supposed to leap into blind worship mode

sorry, doesnt work that way.. the more these line up changes occur, the more it is obvious that CD is a solo album with input from a wide array of contributors

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

reading some threads over at HTGTH still amuses me though
it seems the attitude over there is that regardless of who is in the band this week, you're supposed to leap into blind worship mode

yeah, that's what made me stop posting there.

and it's not the problem that i should support the band no matter what, because i could do that. just let me know who's in the band. how could the main public relate to or even recognize the players when there's no album plus the continuous changes of line-up.

if robin is gone for good i hope they can pick a line-up and stick with it, maybe finally act like a real band. and even if bucket's not in it just stick with bumble and fortus and leave it be. i'd be all for that.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well this most recent lineup seemed somewhat stable so not sure what turned the tables to cause him to leave 17

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I reckon Finck's still in. That report about the TV show suggested it would lead up to "a limited number of concert apperances" rather than a full tour. If they're only playing a few dates, there's no reason why Finck couldn't be in both NIN and GN'R this year.

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

well this most recent lineup olled somewhat stable so not sure what turned the tables to cause him to leave 17

It lasted through 06 until the cancellations in late 06/early 07, the SA fuckup, various other postponements and cancellations. Not to mention an unfinished album.

I don't know if I would call that "stable".

Maybe he just got fed up. He is a musician. He wants to create music and release it. He isn't getting any younger, his resume is small, and there's no sense in wasting his talent any longer because one man cant seem to move forward.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't know if I would call that "stable".

well the same lineup was together for almost 2 years without changes....thats what i meant it has to be some kind of modern era gnr record 16

James

James wrote:

There was also one lineup change during all that "stability". 16

Board footer