You are not logged in. Please register or login.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

Re: The Rant Thread

strat0 wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
strat0 wrote:

^^And I don't know about there but here in Florida you have to pay like $100 in shelter fees.

Some friends of mine from near Chicago said it was closer to 300 or so.  That's why they just went ahead and bought a pure-bred lab.

It's regional. depends on what animal laws etc are in that area

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
strat0 wrote:

^^And I don't know about there but here in Florida you have to pay like $100 in shelter fees.

Here it varies. Somewhere it's up to you if you even pay anything, or they ask you to donate, but you can decide how much. People usually pay $ 20-30 for a dog in a shelter. (I occasionally donate the same amount of money in like every 3 months. I think they are doing a very important job.)

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I have no issue with them charging people a fair amount for a pet.  Not every shelter is state funded and even if it is, those funds may not cover all the cost of operations.  I know some shelters gas the pups after a few days, but alot seem to have people who temporarily adopt the animals until a "forever" home is found.  There is a significant cost in the management of running a shelter and providing the needed food and other unfortunate requirements. 

So 200$ may be an appropriate cost to adopt an animal, considering the cost of shots and spaying/neutering that most shelters require.  When I bought my last Dog in 1998, it cost me 100$ to adopt him.  The way I see it, if you can't afford a couple hundred dollars to adopt a pet, how are you going to be able to afford to feed and get them medical care when the occasion arrises.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Fucken ebay just ripped down 5 of my auctions coz someone reported them as being copywrite/bootleg cd's etc.

They are fucken offical GNR CD singles - cockheads.  The only thing I can think is these particular ones were promo singles - you know given to radio stations etc, these were for Estranged, LALD, YCBM etc etc.  But there are tonnes of bloody Chinese Democracy and Better promo singles on ebay - but no - mine get taken down a couple of  hours before my auctions end while they have bids on em.

Ebay don't give a toss - they just rip an auction down when someone reports it so you gotta relist the item.  More fees for them.

Grrrrr  4

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

FUCK!! I lost my phone. I'm not talking a cute little  I can't find my phone right now. I'm talking LOST lost.

I had it last night, put some songs onto it's memory card, listened to a vm, then went to the gym. When I was at the gym it wasn't in my pockets. So it's either

A. In my place
B. In my car
C. In the gym
or
D. Fell out of my pocket somewhere in between.

I've checked all over, so it's gotta be D. I'll check during lunchtime where I park & goto the gym parking lot, after that, buying a new one.

This just sucks though, the old phone was great.

the_real_jessica
 Rep: 22 

I dumped someone i'd been seeing for a couple of months because the guy wasn't active enough towards making time for us and now, he's the one who's got the hump and he pisses me off.

Like he looks mad at me but then and again, i'm the one who should be because he kept on making promises and never delivered.

I don't see why he should be angry or is it because it called it quits before he could do any real damage ?

Grrr

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

So, we get treated to pizza today, Papa Johns. Which is bad enough, but whatever if it's pizza I'll eat it. I grab one that looked like mushroom & onion or veggie, and bite into it. It's got BBQ sauce on it!!  WTF is that horseshit?!  Tasted like ass. I tried eating another bite or two & just got disgusted by it all. Now I'm becoming sick & just went into the bathroom stall & had to go bulemic, finger in the mouth & everything.

Tomato sauce on pizza is a perfect thing. Only some suit at a corporation would attempt to mess with it to expand their marketing to new boundaries. Guy deserves to be punched in the face.

(sorry to anyone who likes BBQ sauced pizza, i think it sucks)

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually, imo if you GOT to eat 'chain pizza', Papa John's is the best.

But it certaintly ain't the greatest pizza known to man.

As for BBQ-Pizza, I will eat that BBQ-Beef Pizza at Pizza Hut. It's alright.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

actually chicken, green peppers, onions, cheese, mushrooms, barbeque sauce is fricking amazing :drrol:

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
the_real_jessica wrote:

I dumped someone i'd been seeing for a couple of months because the guy wasn't active enough towards making time for us and now, he's the one who's got the hump and he pisses me off.

Like he looks mad at me but then and again, i'm the one who should be because he kept on making promises and never delivered.

I don't see why he should be angry or is it because it called it quits before he could do any real damage ?

Grrr

Maybe it's because you called it quits. Not because he wanted to hurt you more, but because you rejected him.  People don't like rejection.

Board footer