You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Tommy/Westerberg consider a Replacements reunion

Sky Dog wrote:

No Tommy, no Robin..no new band....just get on with a reunion and release the Axl Rose records under another name besides Gnr. Tommy once said he is on every song the new band has recorded. Outside of Axl, I am fairly certain no one else can say that. 17

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

If Tommy goes the band will be boiled down to Axl, Dizzy and Pitman. Not a good thing.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
Communist China wrote:

If Tommy goes the band will be boiled down to Axl, Dizzy and Pitman. Not a good thing.

Exactly. It will leave those three as the only originals of the new lineup. I mean there has been many iterations of GN'R:

GN'R Pre Adler and Slash
GN'R AFD
GN'R UYI
2001 GN'R
2002 GN'R
2006 GN'R
2007 GN'R

And now possibly there might be another version of the band. A band that has three albums and seven differrent itterations is a joke.

Sky Dog wrote:

you forgot the 98-99 Gnr.....8!:butt:

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
madagas wrote:

Oh sorry forgot, the only new lineup that released anything. Only thing is they didn't tour. 16

Add that to the list and it's even more of a joke.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

A Replacements Reunion is not a huge thing, they would get some good alternative festival money and that is about it. It's not like Robin's NIN gig for sure. The Replacement thing could easily be worked in to Gnr's schedule.:)

Yeah its not huge, but it would be a success and could possibly last a couple years.

They could play limited arenas, many clubs, and of course hit the major festivals.

They should just go ahead and do it. They're not getting any younger.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i know i always ask this but exactly how big are the replacements? cuz honestly i've never heard of them before 1999 when tommy was announced as the bass player for GnR

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axl S wrote:
madagas wrote:

Oh sorry forgot, the only new lineup that released anything. Only thing is they didn't tour. 16

Add that to the list and it's even more of a joke.

Considering hwo many people who have come through and worked on this project... there have been more than 8 incarnations of GNR.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i know i always ask this but exactly how big are the replacements? cuz honestly i've never heard of them before 1999 when tommy was announced as the bass player for GnR

They were a decent sized 80's band. Not huge, but not unknown either. I never really listened to much of their music, which is why I pretty much stay silent instead of passing judgment on Stinson's resume.

I know I heard them back then, but I honestly cant name one song by them. I should probably get one of their hits albums and have a listen.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

from what i understand they were a small part of the us punk scene in the 80's with black flag and the bad brains and other bands like that...anyway i'm not sure how influential they actually were? hmm is it like a 3 year window in the midwest? or do they actually have a legitimate following

this is prolly more of a madagas queation than anything since he seems to really be "the guy" if you wanna know about stinson's past efforts

Board footer