You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Re: So who on here would go to a GNR reunion?

Abbey_Road wrote:

I'd go in a heartbeat.  And I'd fly to the first gig I could just in case it derailed

Also, would they be able to play just more than AFD since it would be the orginal members IF they did indeed to this?

People complained about the set list in 06 and 07 but wasn't that due to not being able to play certain songs because the original members weren't agreeing to it?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I would pay hundreds of bucks, and yeah I would probably also go to the first show(likely to be in NY). Might go bankrupt in the process though....

Tons of forum peeps will be at the first reunion show. There's quite a few people(friends and "enemies") I need to meet.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

Hell yeah, I'd go...in a New York minute!

I still regret letting my parents talk me out of seeing them back in the day.  They were worried after the riots and shit.  At the time I figured, hell I'll be off to college next year and I can go see them then.  Well, we all know how that turned out. sad

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Maybe... big maybe. Of course I'd love to but I'm gonna be going to college soon and I can't really blow that kind of money. I mean a re-united GN'R show isn't gonna be cheap.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Depends on how much they want to take us for. I can't afford a big-ticket show. I saw them in the heyday anyhow. Besides, if they reunite, it'll be for the money, so you know the tickets won't be $20 apiece.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I'd be there with out a doubt. Over priced or not it would be worth it in the end. The concert and just being around fans waiting to see the original band together for the first time or for the first time in like 15 years. It would be one hell of a show.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I'd be there. Count on it. I'd be at the first show, no matter where it was. I'd be there. Just seeing Axl and Slash come out on stage together would probably make me tear up. No lie. If this actually went down, and there's been a lot of weird stuff going on in Guns land this week, it would blow my mind.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hell Yeah I'll be there if there is any way i could come up with the cash (guessing 1st reunion show won't be in Australia).

I don't think there is any issue with the set-list and the old members. I don't see how they could prevent him playing songs when they couldn't stop him touring under the GNR name even. I think they don't play the songs because Axl isn't comftorable singing them these days for whatever reason (emotional or physical etc)

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

There will be no complaints about the setlist during a reunion. CD becomes irrelevant to GNR the moment the old band get back together and everyone knows it.

It'll be like a mid 91 setlist.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

I know that's exactly what I'd want. If they could play one of those killer '91 Illusions heavy set lists ... I've seen the current Appetite tribute several times. I've seen VR play those same songs, too. To be honest with you, I'm more interested in seeing a reunion of the Illusions era lineup. No disrespect to Adler, but I prefer Sorum as a player and I think that's who'd get the job anyway. If it's not Sorum, it still won't be Adler. Which sucks for Adler because he'll probably just up and kill himself. Izzy can write with them, but he won't tour. Bring back Gilby? Maybe. I liked him. I wouldn't be surprised to see the current VR become the new/old Guns with the addition of Axl and Dizzy. Keep Dave on rhythm for the live shows. Why not? If a reunion was Axl, Slash, Dave, Duff, Matt, and Dizzy, is there anyone who'd really have a problem with that?

Board footer