You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: So who on here would go to a GNR reunion?

James wrote:
von wrote:

If a reunion was Axl, Slash, Dave, Duff, Matt, and Dizzy, is there anyone who'd really have a problem with that?

I would.

Its not a real reunion without Izzy.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

No, I know what you mean. I assume if there was a reunion, Izzy would be involved in a songwriting capacity. The thing that makes me the most nervous about a possible reunion is that Izzy, to this point the only neutral figure between the two camps, doesn't seem too keen on ever coming back into the spotlight in that capacity. Touring and promotion and such.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i can't believe what i am hearing.......................

"not enough money to go????????????????"

i'll gladly donate to a poor rosesofvelvet member gnr reunion show fund

if one were created

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

I'll sell one of my guitars to make it to this bad boy.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I'd pay big big bucks to see Slash and Axl sharing the same stage again. Like it or not, those two compliment each other so well.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

the only reason I don't see Dave being the new Izzy/Gilby/richard is that then it almost looks more like Axl has come to VR rather than the boys comming back to GNR. I'm not sure if egos would allow that. But then egos prohibit the whole reunion anyway sadly.

I think if its a reunion for a few shows we'd get Izzy. If its some kind of perminant deal we'd get Gilby or someone else.

I'd be happy to see Gilby with Slash again. they had chemestry with UYI and Snakepit.

I think i would have to find a way to get to the show if it happened...Axl and Slash....whatever the other bullshit...musically they just belong together!

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

IF, and that's a big IF, there's a reunion i'd go to the first show no matter the costs.

IF (that word again) i can get a ticket. because the demand would be so big i might not get a shot at a ticket. that's the only problem.

but, IF i have a ticket in my hand i'd go around the world in a heartbeat. a trip to ny it would cost over 1000$ but i'd do it. no matter what.

i remember how it was seeing axl for the first time in budapest in '06. getting to see slash, duff, izzy on the same stage... i can't even imagine 11

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:

If a reunion tour happened I'd be there like a shot, however much it cost and wherever the first gig was. Same with all my Guns loving friends from back in the day - they say they'll all be there. The same guys that wont even consider listening to the new 'band'.

It will happen I'm sure. Its quite obvious that Axl & Co cant get anything done. Its only a matter of time.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

No doubt I'd be there, it'd be a dream come true. If it was to happen in the next year or so I'd have to hope and pray they came to the UK because whilst I'd pay whatever it cost to see them ticket wise I couldn't afford the travel to NY or wherever, if it's a few years down the line when I've got a job etc then I'd probably travel to the first show wherever that may be.

As for Izzy I think he'd do it, even a big tour providing all the BS had finished. Everyone's always said Izzy hated touring etc but I get the impression from Slash's book that wasn't quite the reason he left. It seemed more that once he got clean GNR was no environment for a recovering addict and Axls behaviour on the tour was the final straw. I'm pretty sure Slash says that in 93 when Izzy came back for a couple of shows he was testing the water to see if he could come back permanently but when he saw things were worse in terms of all the BS than when he'd left he decided against it. If a reunion tour was on better terms (which it would have to be) then I think he'd do it.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer