You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: Riyadh and the Bedouins leak

DCK wrote:

It's growing on me. Definetely. It's so weird it will never be a big hit, but by time I might like it.

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I would definitely like to hear  it because comparing BH killing in a studio to this guy trying to replicate him live is a bit of an unfair comparison, but I don't think he improved the song any.

BTW Ron is a GREAT guitar player, he is not as good as BH IMO but you cant give Ron shit not playing BHs material live like BH did in the studio, we dont even know how BH would have played the new songs live. Ron plays CD like a lot like BH did.  WE dont know how BH would have played Better live. I think ron will add some great licks to CD, im curious to see what he added, im sure it will be great

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If you need to know how Bucket would play the leaks live, just turn the songs up loud, close your eyes, and imagine him onstage.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

the more i listen to this song, the more it seems to me like Axl was using some sort of a "reverse psychology" when he was doing the lyrics....

fuck, its almost like any one of us could sing it.....almost perfectly reflects my frustration with this cd....kind of like from a fan's point of view....

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

If you need to know how Bucket would play the leaks live, just turn the songs up loud, close your eyes, and imagine him onstage.

9  Great post!  And 100% true.  bucket

This is definently the best of the new 3 songs we've got.  The lyrics could use some work, because it can get repetetive.  However, this song is so good, it really doesn't feel like a 3.5 minute song.   It goes by quick everytime i listen to it.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Just heard this song in my car and got an entirely new perspective on it.

I've been listening to Badmotorfinger for the past couple of days, and today in my car it started in the second or third chorus of Jesus Christ Pose (when they add the extra guitar in the chorus), and that extra guitar sounds a lot like that off of Rhiad. 

So my conclusion is that Chinese Democracy has some Soundgarden influences as well.

slashsbaconpit
 Rep: 0 

I really like this Rhiad. It's one of my favorites of the new GNR. Axl is on his game in this song.

Board footer