You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Song #2 (Unknown Title)

Von wrote:

Strange things happen when taking in these leaks, at least for me. While initially I was "disappointed" in track #2 and the (incredibly high) probability that it's the mythic "Prostitute," the song has grown on me so much in repeated listens that it's probably my second favorite of all the leaks behind only "TWAT." I don't understand it. It just is what it is. It rings something for me. I like the lyrics quite a bit, but admit that the "official" lyrics we've got down need some serious detective work.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

To me, this is the pick of the new leaks. A pretty solid song me thinks if not a little overbaked

One thing that strikes me in general on the CD era songs is the complete absence of anything that could resemble humour - it's a very earnest affair - to the point where it often sounds like it is taking itself rather too seriously

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

One thing that strikes me in general on the CD era songs is the complete absence of anything that could resemble humour - it's a very earnest affair - to the point where it often sounds like it is taking itself rather too seriously

Good point.

However, is irony being substituted for humor? Love replaced with hate(or envy)?

I think its more of just a natural progression. He's went 15 years without a record. Imagine Rod Stewart going a decade without releasing anything after "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy".  We would not have got Do Ya Think I'm Sexy part II.

misterID wrote:

A lot of his lyrics have an element of cheese, though, James. Especially in the new songs. The Blues, and TWAT specifically. But it still works.

I will bet anything this song is in deed Prostitute. He says it clearly in the outro, and Prosecute myself makes no damn sense with the lyrics... Or at least how I'm hearing them. I remember someone, I think Paul Buckmeister but I might be wrong, said that Prostitute didn't really blow him away and he couldn't understand why Axl was toiling away on it the most. Maybe it's denial, but I think a lot of people built this song up really big in their minds and the version in their heads sounded a lot different than the reality. It's no Welcome To The Jungle mixed with Novemeber Rain that I was expecting, but it sounds like "Fire And Ice" to me. This is just speculation on my part that it is Prostitute, but I am pretty much 100% sure in my mind that it is.

The song is amazing, though. One of my favorites of all the new songs.

I guess there is a handful of us that do really like this song.   I don't know something about it I really enjoy.

I can understand how it can be viewed as a cheesy song but I like that it's different and it very well could be and probably is Prostitute.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I really like it too. I don't get a cheese factor in the lyrics at all. I also think its Prostitute misterid.

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

seems like forever.....and a day

Can I buy an extra pound of cheese with that?

God this song is terrible. He kills it just with that opening verse.

There's the problem, you're hearing all the words wrong. its "Its seems like forever... and today."

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Dadud wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

seems like forever.....and a day

Can I buy an extra pound of cheese with that?

God this song is terrible. He kills it just with that opening verse.

There's the problem, you're hearing all the words wrong. its "Its seems like forever... and today."

I've heard the song only a handful of times.

Apologies if I get a word wrong.

How did someone so critical of wrong lyrics ever listen to the tracks in 2001??

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't really find the lyrics cheesy at all. To me their interesting and i really like the melody of the vocals...it get's stuck in my head.

It's funny how people like different things. Like i can hardly listen to Rhiad that heaps of people seem to like...but I really love this one.

monkeychow wrote:

I don't really find the lyrics cheesy at all. To me their interesting and i really like the melody of the vocals...it get's stuck in my head.

It's funny how people like different things. Like i can hardly listen to Rhiad that heaps of people seem to like...but I really love this one.

Funny because I was just talking to James on IM about Ryhiad and I was telling him how I can't listen to that song because the ahhh ahhh's are like chalk on a chalk board to me.   I have to listen more to the music then the vocals on that.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I can't wait to hear the final version of this. Just get those screams a lil higher to close the album Axl 9

I agree with those that think its Prostitute

Board footer