You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Re: If Axl took up a cause?

Seven wrote:

The depth of feeling in his lyrics made me think if Axl ever loaned his voice to a worthy cause how powerful he would be. My own personal idea of a cause A&E type show he could produce narrate runs towards traumatized abused children's treatment.

Any one else have any ideas what he could do to turn his thoughts energy away from Album, posse?

Sometimes the best way to get something stuck to move is to help someone else? Sure would be an audience with incredible loyalty. To my knowledge no one else has ever done this type of thing (confidentiality),

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

He clearly has no interest in this. He's had an infinite amount of opportunities to do so and never did. He cant even stop thinking about Slash long enough to release his own album so how can he possibly join some cause? I can imagine it....

He shows up at some Free Tibet rally. Immediately goes on a rant about Slash and inserts some boxing reference for emphasis.

Sky Dog wrote:

James, that is a bit extreme. These  lyrics are leaning very heavily towards a guy who is looking to mend fences and who is hurt by a lot of different aspects of his life. A guy who sees his faults....especially in If The World and Prostitute. He seems to have a lot of regrets and doing something for abused kids or whatever may be a sign of true maturity. He does his Halloween thing and also did that Cancer thing out of the blue a few years ago. Finally, he also seemed very much happier on the 2006/2007 tour. Maybe his issues with Slash are legitimate..as a lot of recent evidence has proved true. The fact Slash went to his house then bold faced lied about it. Marc Canter has basically taken Axl's side and says Slash needs to apologize to Axl about stuff he has said in the press (and for the record he is obviously a very qualified person to discuss their relationship). Come on man, quit pinning everything in the Slash/Axl relationship on Axl. Slash does INFINITELY more interviews and CONSTANTLY discusses Axl at length. You take two or three Axl comments as being obsessed. Please.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Madagas, that whole 2002 tour was basically spent dissing Slash. Yeah Slash runs his mouth, but lets not start acting like Axl's a saint.

At least Slash did move on with his career even though he moved a few steps down.

I'm not questioning the quality of lyrics or any good things Axl has done. Obviously Axl is very talented in that department with only a few exceptions.

I just think Axl all of a sudden jumping on some cause is a bit extreme. It doesn't really fit his personality. Axl seems to be the type who would donate a truckload of money quietly to a charity instead of showing up for some benefit.

Sky Dog wrote:

I agree he should do anything like that quietly....and I never said Axl was a saint. All I am saying is that worst case scenario they are obsessed with each other because of their history.  It is a definite two way street and will always be. It really has nothing to do with the success of their post Gnr careers. It has to do with public comments made by BOTH of them since the breakup. You tend to paint Axl as the one who does all the shit talking. I am just saying it is pretty even. People like Marc Canter are objective close friends of both. As is Izzy.....and Izzy would be the true judge. His actions seem to say he sides with both parties which leads me to believe he sees all of them to be at fault over the distance in their relationships.:thumbup:

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

None of them are saints they are all meaner than rattlesnakes with aids (can't speak for the new guys except I understand Paul to be an idiot and Non guitar player who could not change tunings when he replaced Slash)...

Slash can be a total SOB. his sensitivity level to other peoples situations and feelings is non exsitant. They all spend time preserving lies and illusions, so much so they have been stuck all of them for years. Perhaps Scott finally figured out JUST how much was being hidden, not that he does not preserve a few secrets himself. I am not even close to any of them and I know Dozens. . They are all so caught up in what was they can't move forward. They are missing West energy not Dells Not Izzy's, and finally I am on a board I can say that without it being deleted.

Which is why I suggested doing something else. Ten years at the Baked Potato all I saw is a lot of great musicians die having produced no music. Randy Castio the most tragic example of this.

The reason i think Ax would be so effective at doing this type of cause is because NO ONE around him would be able to bring the level of sensitivity to it he can, NOR would anyone else need or have a right to be involved, it is not contaminated by the past of Guns and Roses and all the hangers on that I think are more dangerous to Ax than most people could/would ever speculate.. A whole new direction....That could eventually tie in with the music IF he wants. It seems to me that if you think life is only fulfilling when it goes according to what you think is right it is a slap in the face to God, OR you think your God one of the two...He has a free will, the future is not set, only God can set the future and he needs none of our help to alter or adapt or change it at any time he wants. They all need to get a grip.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

If Axl put his heart to a cause, I still believe in him enough to support that. That said, I think the only cause he should be taking up right now is the cause of getting his album out to the fans. That's a charitable proposition in and of itself.

Board footer