You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Chinese Democracy Elimination- Round 2

faldor wrote:
Tommie wrote:

Gotta go with riyadh.  While this version sounds 10x better then it did in rio, its still the weakest of the bunch.

I agree, I actually LIKE the song now after not being a fan of the live version.  But it still doesn't stack up to the rest of the songs in my opinion.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Am I one of the only few that rate this song?

Along with CD its the only one that 'rocks'

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Track 2 is NOT Prostitute! big_smile

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

if the world

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Maddy. It's got to go.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
DCK wrote:

I keep hearing this while all evidence points to it being Prostitute. Anything other than forum "insiders" that leads you to that conclusion?

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

I've voted If the World. A turkey in my view, closely followed by Madagascar.

Am surprised by some of the negative reactions to Song #2. Save for a few annoying dated techno flourishes, this is easily one of the stronger leaks I feel

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
DCK wrote:

I keep hearing this while all evidence points to it being Prostitute. Anything other than forum "insiders" that leads you to that conclusion?

I'll tell you why James.

It's like waiting your whole life for that moment when you got to heaven and get 40 virgins, only to find out all of them have had kids and will most likely give you an STD.  That's why it can't be Prostitute, because if it is, then it is a HUGE letdown. 

Biggest letdown by GNR yet.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Just what "evidence" would that be? There's absolutely nothing to indicate that it is Prostitute. The chances of this being Prostitute is like 40 to 1.

The only thing I see is speculation. There's the thing about the set list picture and how Prostitute was on it and it's the only one missing from the set list which have been leaked. Anyway, I don't buy it.

Your "Prostitute" is a lot like TWAT, Blues, November Rain and even If The World. They threw TWAT off the set list because of different reasons but it doesn't work well with TWAT, Blues, NR AND Maddy in the same set list. It's epic ballad overdrive. Considering your "Prostitute" follows the same path of these songs, it doesn't fit in the set list at all. I even consider that short clip leaked a long time ago for a better candidate for Prostitute than this song.

Considering Axl doesn't even sing "prostitute" in the song and the lyrics doesn't connect to "prostitute" even metaphorically in any sort of way, I consider this for being Prostitute as much of a miss as the "formerly known as "Oklahoma" bullshit back in 2001. I do not buy it and I didn't buy it then. If I'm wrong and this IS Prostitute, I would be satisfied because I think the song is a really good demo and a good song. It got nothing to do with being let-down at all for me personally. Not one bit.

I'm not putting my opinion on insiders neither here nor there. I base it on common sense. And my common sense tells me this is a different song. If I'm wrong I'll openly admit to it and hail you as the master of GNR rumours and speculation. big_smile

Board footer