You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: About the marketing

buzzsaw wrote:

Not in the minority in real life - only in the minority of people that still hang out at the forums, and even that is debatable.  Most people that feel like I do don't waste a lot of time posting about it.  HUGE difference.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

anyway when GnR release CD it'll be billed as Axl Rose's comeback with a new band....who ever shall be in the band at that particular time will make no difference...thats why i parallelled Ozzy...cuz it doesnt matter who is in his band cuz its the Ozzy show..even though Ozzy, like Axl, writes little of the actual music...Ozzy, like axl is gonna be the main draw to this incarnation of GnR

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Not in the minority in real life - only in the minority of people that still hang out at the forums, and even that is debatable.  Most people that feel like I do don't waste a lot of time posting about it.  HUGE difference.

I was more referring to the media types than the people at the forums.  I actually here a lot more negativity coming from posters at forums than I have from journalists and reporters.  At least concerning the music itself.  People on both fronts are gonna hammer Axl any chance they get.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

With the latest joke from Frank, I stand by my statement that this current lineup isn't marketable.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
russtcb wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

With the latest joke from Frank, I stand by my statement that this current lineup isn't marketable.

I believe being able to promote the name Chinese Democracy is more important to this being successful commercially then the band individually.

Plus with all this Shacklers/BH talk, maybe Frank posted that because he's angry another "BH Friendly" drummer came back.

While true, the dynamics of the promotion change when the lineup cant have much involvement.

If we aren't getting remnants of the 2001 lineup back, I think this is gonna get marketed like NIN.

If Frank is pissed that Brain is back, then I'm as happy as a pig in shit.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
russtcb wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I believe being able to promote the name Chinese Democracy is more important to this being successful commercially then the band individually.

Plus with all this Shacklers/BH talk, maybe Frank posted that because he's angry another "BH Friendly" drummer came back.

While true, the dynamics of the promotion change when the lineup cant have much involvement.

If we aren't getting remnants of the 2001 lineup back, I think this is gonna get marketed like NIN.

If Frank is pissed that Brain is back, then I'm as happy as a pig in shit.

Albums are mostly promoted by bands performing and really just cramming their work as far as they can down the public's throat. 

This current lineup isn't all that marketable, meaning they won't be able to take that route. 

I think a NIN promotion would be good, unless they bring back Brain, BH and Finck promote the album, which would be the best course of action for them.

Board footer