You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: A re-post from MyGNR, A GN'R fan convention

gnfnraxl wrote:

I wouldn't go simply due to finances.  I am saving my money to help pay for my daughter's education.  But if not for that I would be down for it.  The only person I would definitely NOT be happy to see is Nesquick.  Other than that I can't see how someone would make an ennemy in a forum.

to make the event extra special, we gotta find a hoarder who is willing to play some stuff we haven't heard before at the convention . . .

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd love to be there. Given i live at what our former PM called "The ass end of the world" it might be hard for me to find the $ to be there...but hell i'd try!

I agree with james...just immagine a reunion show...we'd probably know everyone in the building!

supaplex
 Rep: 57 

supaplex wrote:

if it's in europe i'd go for sure.

but if it's in the states i would have to give it a lot of thought and i'd need to know way in advance to see if i can come up with the money. that would be the only issue.

it would be a pretty good idea.

as for a reunion show. i'd go steal some money and i'd be there in a heartbeat. 16

julia (babydolls)
 Rep: 6 

I'd def be up for it.  Have thought about hiring a place out in London for a CD release party for years - if there was a Gunners "do" - I think it would be a good laugh.  there are people all over so having it in a couple of places makes sense - could even do a screen link-up to the other parties.  maybe james could design some hats!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Jarmo and me at the same party??

To quote Spongebob Squarepants: that would be AMAY-ZING!

1,000 dollars says he would leave at the site of me... Or start crying.

But I don't know if a place exits to be able to handle that much GNR geekdom.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I'd love to do it. That said, I think it'd work best if there was a Cali meetup, NYC meetup, and Europe (London?). Otherwise, for the US, it'd probably be best to have 1 big one in Vegas. Although, I'm not sure due to finances I can make it, worth discussing. I'd definately to an NYC one. It would be cool, put name tags on & run into each other. I'd probably recall some names from HTGTH if they were there.

MSL has a good idea, have a hoarder bring a song, and play it. That way, people can hear they have it, but only really get cell phone recordings of the songs. So it would only add to the aura and demand of the song.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I bet even the forum posters you hate, like I think someone mentioned Nesquick, would even be tolerable in person. A lot of the forum enemies would probably become friends.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Jarmo and me at the same party??

To quote Spongebob Squarepants: that would be AMAY-ZING!

1,000 dollars says he would leave at the site of me... Or start crying.

But I don't know if a place exits to be able to handle that much GNR geekdom.

Never met Jarmo, but I've never seen anyone who's met him say anything negative.

Would love an in depth discussion face to face on why I received a one day ban in 2007.:laugh:

I'm kidding by the way. I most likely wouldn't even bring it up, and if I did, would be in a joking manner.

As far as the "geekdom" at a GNR fan forum convention, yeah Urkel could walk in and not feel out of place.

Board footer