You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Chinese Democracy Tracklisting Speculation

James wrote:
estrangedpaul wrote:

He said it was a new GnR song, I don't think he said it would be on CD. I'd be interested to see the quote if he said it.

Mysteron wrote:

It will be on CD.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/boar … msg1083946

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Like other people have said, I think it's anything goes at this point.  We've heard a large number of rumored song titles and for one to pop up now that we've never heard, it points to how little we really know.  Maybe the leaks were just to whet our appetite while we waited.  Maybe they were never meant to be on the album in the first place, or at least some of them.  Let's face it, the band debuted Maddy, The Blues, Rhiad, CD back in 2001.  Those songs are seven years old by now.  Maybe some will make CD, maybe some will be pushed back for future albums like "Back Off Bitch" and "Don't Cry" were back in the day.  I'd be happy if it were the 9 leaks, Shackler's Revenge, Sorry, Prostitute, Atlas Shrugged, or whatever it might be.  But I'd be even happier if some of the leaks were subtracted and we got more songs that we haven't heard yet.  It'd almost be like getting a double album.  We deserve that much after such a wait.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I honestly believe the only songs we've heard that will make Chinese Democracy will be the title track, T.W.A.T., I.R.S. (fuck you guys...I like it damnit!! lol), The Blues and Better.  Maddy might make it just because Axl likes it.  I also think the album will contain more than 13 tracks, I'm guessing 15 (the median for UYI and UYI II).  I'm going out on a limb here but I DO believe there is a good chance that there will be three tracks that are the real "Big Guns".  No promises of elephant turd eating here but I "feel it"....ok maybe I fuckin' just hope it REALLY BAD!!!!

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Communist China wrote:

If you believe Mysteron, he says Shackler's will be on CD. Of course, as always with GNR, plans can change. I don't think you put a novelty song on RockBand. Who would want the most widely heard song from newGNR to not be on the album? Doesn't make much sense to put anything but the first single on a video game this successful.

On a lighter note, would any of you try to sing the vocal part for this video game?

I would.

Could you imagine how hard the parts could be on this song? 

I say that Better, CD, Blues, Maddy, Rhiad, TWAT and Maddy will make it.  Prostitute as well (if we haven't heard it yet)

I wouldn't mind if TWAT isn't on there.

Sky Dog wrote:

I have stood in this corner for YEARS (James back me up). I have always maintained that the tracklisting for the abum is anyone's guess. Just because they play a song live, doesn't mean it is on the album......especially in a project that has taken 14 years. These guys have been recording for a decade off and on...pretty much a constant experiment. Merck and Axl may have had an idea of what they wanted in 2006. However, this is 2008. We have new managers, most likely heavy label involvement, rumors of reunion, departures of key members..... just a fucking tossed salad. This thing could go anywhere. If it was me and I had 3-4 albums of recorded material (plus a lot of money in the bank), I would do exactly opposite of what people expected.:ummm:

ps, we have heard 12 new demo or live new Gnr tracks. My bet is only 5 of 12 will be on the first release and the first release won't be 13 tracks.....:P

12 we have heard:
CITR
Maddy
TWAT
The Blues
If The World
Track 2
Rhiadyh
Silkworms
Oh My God
Better
Chinese Democracy
IRS

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

I have stood in this corner for YEARS (James back me up). I have always maintained that the tracklisting for the abum is anyone's guess. Just because they play a song live, doesn't mean it is on the album......

Yeah, you have always been a strong advocate of that. We argued the issue for years.:laugh: Like I said earlier, starting to lean that direction as well. The 2001-02 songs played since then have zero chance of ever catching on in the mainstream because they are oooooooooooold. Not released obviously, but accessible to anyone searching for CD since 2001.

The album needs to be filled with at least half of unheard material(by EVERYBODY, not just hardcores) for this to truly have a chance to sail.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

there is no way a cd, this long in the making, is gonna contain all of the leaks, many of which have been circulating since '02 and/or played like since that same point.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
war wrote:

there is no way a cd, this long in the making, is gonna contain all of the leaks, many of which have been circulating since '02 and/or played like since that same point.

I hope you're right and I agree now more than ever.  If that does happen to be the case though, I wonder if that was by design or did things change somewhere along the line because of the leaks.  Were some of those songs set to be on CD but then plans changed when they leaked?  Don't know if we'll ever get the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help us god!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm sure that Maddy, Twat, IRS and Better would be on the album...because there's multiple leaks of them, you don't keep re-recording new parts and creating new drafts and demos of songs you have abandoned. When a new member joins and records somethign for the song its because the song is still active and planned to go on CD IMHO.  Applying this process to the live boots we've also seen evolution in CD, and The Blues, so I would expect them on the album too.

The only ones that are doubtful are the ones that appear to have been dropped. Like Rhiad - why has it never been performed since 2002? Although its studio mix is strong so I think it will still show. And Track 2 and If the World - i'd expect them to show up but in a re-worked form - but its possible - afterall prostutute was dropped from the setlist for some reason.

When it comes down to it...the only leak I think may not show up is Catcher. Because:

1. It's clearly from a different source material as the others.
2. Axl seemed to imply the track was not a current deal in an interview
3. its never been played live, or refered to ever again, and the only known version seems to be just Axl and Brain May...no sign of any of the rest of the line ups.

Although I hope it does show up cos its a great song and i'd love to hear a proper studio mix of it.

If also depends what form of CD we have. Axl has said lots of things over the years - most recently that there's 13 tracks....but then given we know he has like 3 cds of stuff...it makes you wonder about the lost songs that may never come out....

I still hope we get a studio cover of 'sailing' too wink

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I consider CD and Riyadh the strongest tracks so far(never thought I'd say that about Riyadh), and if neither makes the album, there better be something out of this world taking their place.

you cant even spell it right tongue

While I've never won a spelling bee, I most certainly know how to spell Riyadh.

GNR thinks Prostitute is spelled Prostitue. You gonna say I cant spell Prostitute?

yes big_smile

sorry im drunk lol

the leak says its rhiad thats all

Board footer