You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

Backslash wrote:

Well, I guess this is pretty much confirmation of another leak a week or two before the game comes out.

Here's hoping they don't get scared and back out (ahem... Harley Davidson).

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't care for the songs, but very little of that has to do with BH.  I also don't think the bring back BH cries are quite as loud as you want to think they are, but that's just my opinion.  I think it's more like there's a very vocal minority that are dominating threads making it appear as though there is a huge outcry when in reality it's just a few high profile people.

EDIT:  Do we really KNOW it's a BH tune?  Maybe it started that way, but none of us know what the final song sounds like.  If it's anything like the other leaks, and there's every reason to believe it is, then there's no way you can say BH dominates the song...there's a large chunk of those songs where he isn't even playing.  He may be the highlight, but he doesn't play enough to dominate.

nugdafied wrote:

For all we know, the record company is just flexing its' muscle on a fun to play Buckethead tune that Axl isn't ready to release, just to make some money. IMO, that's what this has turned into. GNR is now being raped for quick cash on video games by guys in suits. They have to get something for Axl's years of tinkering on their dime. Artistic integrity left the room a loooong time ago.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I also don't think the bring back BH cries are quite as loud as you want to think they are

When you have some free time, go to every site except HTGTH and lurk through all the various leak threads.

The cries were loud, and you can bet the GNR camp recognized it...

Do we really KNOW it's a BH tune?

Does he have to sign up here and swear on a stack of bibles its his tune? How much more proof is needed?

He's all over the tracks we've already heard and clearly wrote a chunk of them, yet we're gonna be in denial regarding one more tune?

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

so, if this is the first single, when can we expect to hear it?

surely it will have aired before the game debuts?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I also don't think the bring back BH cries are quite as loud as you want to think they are

When you have some free time, go to every site except HTGTH and lurk through all the various leak threads.

The cries were loud, and you can bet the GNR camp recognized it...

really? i hoonestly havent gone to anyother sites except here and htgth in a very long time

I'm with buzzsaw in that i wouldnt have believed that the outcry for BH through these songs was very loud. anyway i'll beleive it when i see it, thinking bucket is coming back at this point seems like nothing more than a pipe dream

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I'm with buzzsaw in that i wouldnt have believed that the outcry for BH through these songs was very loud. anyway i'll beleive it when i see it, thinking bucket is coming back at this point seems like nothing more than a pipe dream

Well, the people who like the songs were raving. They had to. What was the alternative? Mary Poppins? People cant rave on artists that are not on songs being heard.

A pipe dream would be this being a Bumble song and hoping for Bucket's return.

Of course this whole Rock Band thing could blow up in our faces and we're back to square one.

Of course one statement from the GNR camp regarding this situation would put speculation to rest.

nugdafied wrote:

Let's put it this way..........Anyone who knows anything about anything, knows that Buckethead was Axl's big chance to do something special. And if Axl couldn't do something special with Buckethead, then he might as well call up Slash play AFD for everyone. You can have finck, fortus, bumblefoot, all the other pretenders......it was Buckethead that gave fake GNR an ounce of credibility & hope. Much like Slash, he's his own entity. He answers to no one, plays what he wants, & has more talent in his pinky than the rest of fakeGNR had in their paycheck cashing being. The truth.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i've noticed a lot of "bring back bucket" chants around the forums.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm with James, I've lurked at all the other GNR sites and been totally blown away by the 100 percent reversal on the Buckethead talk. It may take a while, but go through a lot of threads and find your proof.

Board footer