You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Shackler's Revenge: REALLY confirmed

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I'm with James, I've lurked at all the other GNR sites and been totally blown away by the 100 percent reversal on the Buckethead talk. It may take a while, but go through a lot of threads and find your proof.

Yeah like I said the other day at mygnr, its gonna be comical watching thousands backpedal on their Bucket hate the past four years. They always assumed he would never be on the record when finally released. Now its being launched with him as a centerpiece.

They made the wrong assumption for years, and now they have to eat crow.

If Bucket still has no intentions of coming back, he needs to hit the studio quickly and record a radio friendly album, because his star is about to rise.

He might as well capitalize on Chinese Democracy while he has the chance.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

This is certainly getting interesting. I'm begining to get my hopes up. And if its Bucket-led, its that much more exciting. I'm with James, I think people are getting pumped about BH. I know people that arent on the forums that are crossing their fingers that BH is back. Count me in.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

My friends laugh at the mention of Buckethead, but underneath that is a recognition and respect that the name Bumblefoot doesn't get. Even got a friend to go to the Bucket show with me. Which should be good.

Although I'm by no means a Bucket fan when it comes to his solo albums, he is the most consistent of the recording version of the band (when Robin is really on I prefer him, like in Better, but some other times, like Chinese Democracy, it's just not good) and I've felt for years that an album of Buckethead songs with Axl's voice and lyrics on top would produce the most interesting album. And it would have the most potential to be awesome, although could also go in the 'shit' direction.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah like I said the other day at mygnr, its gonna be comical watching thousands backpedal on their Bucket hate the past four years.

It's been funny for a while like that in GNR land!

Like we now have Axl releasing his first new song in what almost 10 years since OMG in a video game, when Slash was endlessly bagged for GH3.

My other personal favourite is Robin leaving the band, I read through thousands of pages of posts about how Axl is a saint and everyone who left the band previously are nothing but 'quitters' and how Robin is better than slash cos he had been in the band longer. It isn't a coincidence that every one in the old band is gone. I mean why would people just walk away from fame and fortune. Its obvous Axl is difficult to work with for whatever reason. And i knew this would happen one day to the guys in the new band.

Back to topic...my fear is this: Do we know this is a bucket dominated track? I mean it's *named* after a track he wrote clearly...but it might be like better...where in every leak bucket's part gets further back in the mix. And god knows how many people like bumble have added new parts. Just because the leaks we have that pre-date BBF don't feature him doesn't mean he hasn't done anything. Then again - axl did say about sharing his Dr pepper with Bucket...so i guess he will still be on there. I'll i'm saying is i wouldnt be shocked if it turned out his parts had been reduced to a quick solo burst going into a chorus here and there. Damn i hope this has some kind of wild guitar outro tho....

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I think the good thing about this being on Rock Band is it makes you assume it's a rocker, with guitars constantly featured and up front in the mix. I don't think Rock Band comes with a toy synth to play Pitman's parts on, so hopefully they're not nearly as prominent as they are on the leaks we have.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I'm glad Buckethead is starting to get the respect he deserves.  Anyone who says that he is a bad player or only plays really fast and does robot noises, i give them Electric Tears and Chinese Democracy leaks and they shut up really quick. 

It's about time the GNR fan base, and hopefully the rest of the world, gain the same respect for him that i have.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Do we know this is a bucket dominated track?

Saul, administrator of Buckethead.tk:

"The basic song structure was written by Bucket and Brain. Big B did a score for a film of the same name (never released) From what I can gather Axl liked the plot/ideas of the story and crafted lyrics behind the music. It's supposed to be a pretty guitar driven rocker of a song with an amazing hook/bridge."

Just because the leaks we have that pre-date BBF don't feature him doesn't mean he hasn't done anything.

No one said he never did anything. He has admitted to recording material for the CD sessions. He obviously wasn't lying. BUT, with CD looking to be nearing the launch pad, the questions remains:

Was it good enough? If the 06-07 sessions were so incredible, why launch this with a Bucket track? Not saying Bumble sucks, but its most certainly a possibility Axl decided against using his parts.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I think the good thing about this being on Rock Band is it makes you assume it's a rocker, with guitars constantly featured and up front in the mix. I don't think Rock Band comes with a toy synth to play Pitman's parts on, so hopefully they're not nearly as prominent as they are on the leaks we have.

I totally hope your right, but remember the same game features Alanis Morissette. So i don't think it's a requirement for the songs to be ultra rocky. But I don't mean to be negative..really... I hope its an absolute beast of a track with Axl screaming his ass off, and bucket shredding us all a new asshole!! Something like that would tattoo GNR into the eyeballs of my friends who write them off as a has-been band...

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Do we know this is a bucket dominated track?

Saul, administrator of Buckethead.tk:

"The basic song structure was written by Bucket and Brain. Big B did a score for a film of the same name (never released) From what I can gather Axl liked the plot/ideas of the story and crafted lyrics behind the music. It's supposed to be a pretty guitar driven rocker of a song with an amazing hook/bridge."

Ahh ok cool...i hadn't seen that before...thanks smile) I guess i'm just saying I'm scared what was once a bucket lead rock fest could have had the guitars turned down, and a bunch of synth or session players mess with it...but I hope not...i'd like to see it kick some serious ass. Damn that description sounds cool. Man...i want this to come out NOW!

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

bucket3:wtf::drool:

Fingers crossed. Prayer delivered.

Board footer