You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: POLL: BH Returning?

I just don't see it. Even if the album is loaded with Buckethead guitar. There really is a large chance that they won't tour the album at all. You wonder why everyone else is busying themselves with other things? Especially Robin's departure? I'm thinking it's because Axl and Azoff have come to the conclusion that there will be no more Chinese Democracy tour.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

i know theres a guitarist out there, he's currently in a band thats looking for a singer wink

hahaha only joking, slash couldnt play the material

but seriously.... how can GNR release the thing, without touring? and when it comes to touring wtf are they going to do? they had 3 guitarists for a reason!

im not over confident in BBF's ability to play BH's parts that well

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
-Jack- wrote:

I'm not voting, but here's why.

This is the first time in a long time that I was starting to think Buckethead would come back. I was getting excited about it, and I even considered the possibility of Bucket, Bumble, Richard as the guitarists (which would kick ass)....

HOWEVER... it seems like everyone who is close to Buckethead in some shape or form, namely Saul and some other peeps, say there is next to NO chance and in fact hope he doesn't go back...

SO.. I really dont know.. the answer is probably no he is not coming back

Someone must have really upset him

It will be strange though if he is all over the album and yet playing small clubs whilst the band tours the world and talks to the press...whatever Bucket decides he's not going to avoid the inevitable questions about GNR, fuck it he might aswell just rejoin

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

As cool as I think it would be, I don't see it happening.  But if he is really all over the RB song, it would certainly lend credibility to this band.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I just don't see it. Even if the album is loaded with Buckethead guitar. There really is a large chance that they won't tour the album at all. You wonder why everyone else is busying themselves with other things? Especially Robin's departure? I'm thinking it's because Axl and Azoff have come to the conclusion that there will be no more Chinese Democracy tour.

I pretty much agree with this, but I voted yes because if they tour, there's no way Axl is gonna have him sit on the sidelines. Pretty obvious Axl and Bucket are gonna be the focal point of this record, so having Bumble there(or someone else) just doesn't make any sense.

Gonna be interesting in the coming weeks.

Sky Dog wrote:

I say yes...

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I voted yes because i really hope that he's there if they tour this album.

And i hope they do tour this album.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

um....i'll have to say no cuz i'm in a grouchy mood today 16 honestly i have no freaking clue though...but if i was to bet i think that No would be a safer one

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

Do I think he'll come back?  No.

Do I want him to come back?  Yes.

He made Guns seem both mysterious and dangerous again, like when they first exploded into the public consciousness.   He gave Axl's efforts more credibility, and the music an unparalleled edge.  In that sense, he was essentially irreplaceable.  It's too bad if Democracy comes out bearing much of Bucket's work with him no longer affiliated with the band, but the music will certainly be better because of it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
bazgnr wrote:

It's too bad if Democracy comes out bearing much of Bucket's work with him no longer affiliated with the band, but the music will certainly be better because of it.

Yeah and thats why I think Axl wouldn't remove Bucket. He's not gonna allow the quality of the record to be compromised because of a grudge 4 years ago.

Bring on your best material.Period.

Board footer