You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Guns N' Roses Official Site Updated

Good to see. Nothing wrong with that as the front page news.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Well how bout that - the beast is finally coming out of hibernation. Good shit!

Let's get this motherfucker on!  I can't wait to have all the silliness behind as and this CD dragon to finally be slayed.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

You could indeed say Shackler's Revenge is the Oh My God of GNR08.

The situation's better overall, though. Even if Azoff is infamous for making ends meet, he's still good news when compared to Doug Goldstein, or even 'Mr Nice Guy', Merck, who mostly succeeded in pampering Axl as he was such an artist admirer.

Merck cannot claim credit for finishing the CD project, he didn't come even close. What he did was afford Axl a few extra years in La-La land. Azoff, however, wants the record out and he wants it out clean, big and professional, because he realizes the value of the GNR brand. If done right, releasing CD is only the first step in the years to come in parting avid fans from their dime...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Oh My God that was Awful.

That was clusterfuck city, and I can see why he failed to pull the trigger on an album at the time. After hearing the 99 versions of IRS, TWAT, and Catcher in the Rye, the album would have been a huge disaster.

Joe Burger don't give a shit about leaks.

Not entirely true, but point taken. Chinese Democracy has left the realm of fantasy and is being introduced to reality.

"Joe Burger" will make or break this album.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:

Awesome to see news like that up no the site finally.  I really hope this is just a tie-in though, and not the way the single will actually be released.  I'm assuming that something will be available through i-tunes at least (or maybe one of the Rock band/Mtv/GNR sites), but I want a physical disc of this.

Not everyone plays games.  Not everyone uses itunes and downloads songs.  If they want to get the GNR name back to the household word it was before, they need to make this available in any many forms as possible and reach as many fans and potential fans as possible.

Anyway, fuck it.  I'm excited! 9

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Would like to mention I find it odd that the first major news in this lineup's history doesn't include a photo of the band.

Its just Axl.

The promotional wheels are now turning...

I already have said that it doest matter who is in the band cuz this is gonna be billed as the Axl Rose comeback album

anyway yeah that is a sweet ass update...finally something Album related :thumbup:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Maybe taking it in a NIN direction Russ? I think he might be there already 16

I will say that I think members of GNR have more creative say than the members of
NIN. And I think Tommy does hold power in this band. But even he knows that Axl is
the alpha dog of GNR who wields the power. So its not exactly a democracy... Pardon
the pun.

Sky Dog wrote:

What I think is going to happen is that whatever the final tracklist comes down as by the time this thing is released, the touring lineup will be dealt with then. Anybody and everybody that has been in the band and is on the album, is a possible recruit for a tour. I would think the only certainties are Axl, Pitman, Reed, and Tommy for a CD tour at this point. The guitar players are up for grabs.

ps what I mean with the tracklist and as I have said hundreds of times before, tracklists can be changed literally up until 3-4 weeks before release. Since we still don't have a release date and are probably a few months from any possibility of a release, the tracklist is open for change and thus the style of the album can change as well.:/ The band needs to fit the style of the album.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

While all this falls into place, it'll be easy to forget those of us who where there "first," before there was even something to be first for. Those of us waiting patiently in the wings while tours and lineups imploded. I'm beyond excited at what's happening for my favorite band, I just hope the die hards aren't forgotten or lost in the shuffle while the wheels of promotion really gear themselves up.

By the way, be ready for an influx of new users we may not necessarily want to welcome with open arms. As this thing happens, the fanbase will only grow ... quickly and exponentially.

Board footer