You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gunnermatt2004
 Rep: 1 

Re: KFRQ plays Baz/Axl song Back in the Saddle

stupid online radio site the link didn't work.

fuck yea!   Baz is the fuckin man for getting Axl on these songs.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I wanna hear it again...how high was that scream axl was doing? Was like some kind of demonic evil banchee thing...hahahah...I love it...i want it again...when's it come out November?

you got a pm monkey chow.

man its so refreshing to hear new Axl vocals.  Him and Baz make a good duet.   I hope Baz tours with them again next time.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:

I wanna hear it, what web site can i go to listen to it? (wink)

starsko
 Rep: 6 

starsko wrote:

It's on newgnr.com

Horrendous and pointless cover.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Anyone got a link to this? The newgnr.com one isn't working.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Oh man, this is atrocious. There's zero feeling in this. Its like they're reading the lyrics from cue cards. Terrible. It starts out immediately as a disaster. They don't even do the intro correctly. Where's the "I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!" that should kick the song off, preferably an Axl scream? The band doesn't do a very good job either.

Cant fault Axl here though. He doesn't do anything wrong, its just he cant really take the song anywhere else within the limits given to him.

I do give them props for picking such a ballsy Aerosmith tune to cover. Could've taken the easy way out and did Walk this Way, Dream On, or something like that.

I'd love to see GNR do this song(without Baz).

If I have to grade this, I'll give the band a D, Axl a B mainly for just showing up and not fucking it up, and I cant rate Baz because its just the same old Baz, good or bad(opinions vary).

Not trying to slam it or rain on any parades, just giving my honest opinion after 3 listens.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Honestly, it's hard to get excited because the quality is pretty poor.. but... hmm. Even then, it's not terrible. Just whatever.

CD quality is going to be much better.  smile   You just have to take these songs as Bach songs with Axl being on them as a bonus.    I think they are fun rock songs and I'm buying this album to support it.  I hope everyone else does too.

Board footer