You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Re: Hooker and Blow to tour in October

Abbey_Road wrote:

from the fabulous myspace..

NOW ACCEPTING OFFERS FOR OCT 2008!

Thank you for all the emails and comments. Just wanted to let everyone know that we've decided to drag our sorry asses back out on the road again for your listening and viewing pleasure.

Look for us in October! See you this fall!

HnBPromoFlyer.jpg

let the conspiraces begin

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Now thats how you promote a side project. Acknowledge GNR, but have your actual band's name in bigger text than GNR.

I have a feeling that GNR are not gonna tour this record.

If Hookers and Blow come to my area, I'm definitely gonna check them out.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:

But haven't HnB toured before without Dizzy?  Didn't he announce a tour (Dizzy) and had to pull out of a few shows before due to GNR?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

But haven't HnB toured before without Dizzy?  Didn't he announce a tour (Dizzy) and had to pull out of a few shows before due to GNR?

Yeah, something like that happened in 2006. Also, some of the members were in a car crash of some sort. Dizzy wasn't in the crash though.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Abbey_Road wrote:

Yes, HNB shows can be scrapped easily, but it clearly shows that Axl doesn't have touring plans until November.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:

I loved how it's billed as his "all-star band". There is not one "all-star" in that lineup. Hey, we've got someone from Jani Lane's backup band and a douche from Puddle Of Mudd!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I love how some folks think this means all the Guns 'hoping' for this fall won't happen.

Wrong.

1) HnB shows will be cancelled in a second for GN'R. This isn't like NIN & Robin.

2) Just because the album might be coming out, doesn't mean they'll be touring. If the album comes out in say... October. It doesn't mean they can't wait to kick off a tour at the first of 2009.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

It doesnt mean it wont happen but the chances decreases. Its july now mate, not september. Theyre planning it way in advance. What does that tell you?

Dizzy wouldnt be doing it if he hadnt calculated the chances of GNR doing anything as very low.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

but it clearly shows that Axl doesn't have touring plans until November.

not necessarily.

it can easily show that Dizzy has no clue about the marketing drive and plans around the album, which wouldn't be something new, we've managed to figure that out over the years that the only person who knows anything about this album is Axl Rose himself, the one and only, and all the others don't know much more than we do about release plans....

This album can be released tomorrow, and there would be no need for a tour....fuck it, if they can still tour AFD 25 years after it was released, they can tour CD a few months after its release date....

The gap can easily be filled with some music videos, some interviews and media appearances, perhaps an impromptu unplugged session somewhere, and then launch a full blow world tour from the beginning of next year...

HnB doing some club gigs is hardly an indication of anything with regards to gnr....no disrespect to Dizzy and his fans, but he isn't a good guide from which to be sussing out GNR related movements and info....

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Now thats how you promote a side project. Acknowledge GNR, but have your actual band's name in bigger text than GNR.

you are kidding, right?
there is

1.Dizzy Reed of Guns N' Roses on there....
2. then a rather large GNR logo on there....
3. then covering Guns N' Roses songs on there too....

to me it looks like they haven't really dropped the GNR theme entirely....

Board footer