You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Hooker and Blow to tour in October

James wrote:
elmir wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Now thats how you promote a side project. Acknowledge GNR, but have your actual band's name in bigger text than GNR.

you are kidding, right?
there is

1.Dizzy Reed of Guns N' Roses on there....
2. then a rather large GNR logo on there....
3. then covering Guns N' Roses songs on there too....

to me it looks like they haven't really dropped the GNR theme entirely....

Nope, not kidding. That flyer for the Pisser show was shameful. Frank set the bar to an all time low at exploiting the GNR name. This Dizzy ad is "A-ok" compared to that. Also, Dizzy has been in the band for 18 years. Its not surprising he would associate himself with the band.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with any of these guys in their solo & oft-projects whoring the GN'R name out there.

They've put the work in the studio. They've put the work on the road. It isn't their fault Axl doesn't put the album out.

Everyone knows these guys are ALL virtual unknowns. Even a Buckethead or Tommy Stinson.

warriorpriestess
 Rep: 5 

was at the cat club for the H&B show in early may right after their last tour. the set was HEAVY with gn'r tunes, dizzy even busted out the awesome piano outro of Locomotive at one point.

they're a lot of fun. you should check 'em out if they come to your town.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Longtime GUNS N' ROSES co-writer, video director/author/journalist Del James will join HOOKERS 'N' BLOW on the band's upcoming South American tour. "We are very excited to have Del on board to be a part of what we feel is going to be a very special tour," says guitarist Alex Grossi (ex-QUIET RIOT, BEAUTIFUL CREATURES).

HOOKERS 'N' BLOW '” whose lineup also includes Dizzy Reed (GUNS N' ROSES) and Mike Duda (W.A.S.P.) '” will tour of South America and Mexico in November. The trek will include stops in Peru, Bolivia and Chile, with more to be announced.

Del recently re-released "The Language of Fear", a collection of short stories including "Without You", which inspired the legendary video for the GUNS N' ROSES epic "November Rain".

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=104345

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

[i]Longtime GUNS N' ROSES co-writer, video director/author/journalist Del James will join HOOKERS 'N' BLOW on the band's upcoming South American tour. "We are very excited to have Del on board to be a part of what we feel is going to be a very special tour," says guitarist Alex Grossi (ex-QUIET RIOT, BEAUTIFUL CREATURES).

HOOKERS 'N' BLOW '” whose lineup also includes Dizzy Reed (GUNS N' ROSES) and Mike Duda (W.A.S.P.) '” will tour of South America and Mexico in November. The trek will include stops in Peru, Bolivia and Chile, with more to be announced.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe … mID=104345

I will be the first: Chinese Democracy is coming! 9

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Better watch out Del doesn't leak their setlist

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

i dispise this bands name.
it looks like negotiations are still going, nothing set in stone so far. i'll wait till the end of this month - early october before i write off this year.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Hookers n' Blow are a good act, and have a small but dedicated fan base.

I wonder what they'll do when Del James posts a scathing attack on the internet at them for complaining about the setlist.

rose22
 Rep: 12 

rose22 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Hookers n' Blow are a good act, and have a small but dedicated fan base.

I wonder what they'll do when Del James posts a scathing attack on the internet at them for complaining about the setlist.

they are a pretty good time alright. i'm just glad dizzy no longer plays with happenin' harry. i was lucky enough to share the stage with dizzy on the keys performing nightrain and yesterdays. happenin' harry was a total douche bag even though he sang o.k for an obnoxious pig.

Board footer