You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Time to recommend some Bumble..........

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Buckethead music is never fun. His biggest problem.

Thats actually a valid point. I get no "fun vibes" from his songs(although Crash Victim is super catchy), and I actually reminisce on some pretty dark times while listening to his music. Its why Electric Tears really moves me.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Thats actually a valid point. I get no "fun vibes" from his songs(although Crash Victim is super catchy), and I actually reminisce on some pretty dark times while listening to his music. Its why Electric Tears really moves me.

Same with me.  All Bh's work seem to have a serious undertone.  For me that really connects, because i gravitate towards music that has a serious background.  "Fun" songs thrown in are always great though.

James

James wrote:

Dear Lord, no one is even torrenting this stuff. A few seeders and leachers. Even Bucket has tons of shit torrenting and thats a fanbase that's major league "anti-download".

I have Normal though, so I'll be listening to that later tonight/tomorrow.

If there's a few decent tracks, I'll buy a couple on Itunes.

James

James wrote:

On another note, I'm now downloading Decoding the Tomb of Bansheebot.

Been wanting to hear that for awhile.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I'm surprised you guys don't think that Buckethead has any fun vibes in his music. Alot of his songs are intentionally goofy. Bucketheads Toystore is pretty fun, Binge and Grab is playful and obviously poking fun at 80's rock, the park intro theme, buckethead V bansheebot is a fun track...

There's more but I'm typing this out on my phone so I'll stop there.

James

James wrote:
-Jack- wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I'm surprised you guys don't think that Buckethead has any fun vibes in his music. Alot of his songs are intentionally goofy. Bucketheads Toystore is pretty fun, Binge and Grab is playful and obviously poking fun at 80's rock, the park intro theme, buckethead V bansheebot is a fun track...

He has so much material that each fan dives into different areas of his work.

James

James wrote:
-Jack- wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Oh, and you've been raving on Bumble for years. Where are your song recommendations?:haha:

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
-Jack- wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Oh, and you've been raving on Bumble for years. Where are your song recommendations?:haha:

Hey, believe me, I do like Bumblefoot, but most of our disputes over the years about him have been concerning his technical ability, not about his catalouge when compared to Buckethead's (buckethead obviously with the superior overall catalouge)

I just defend Bumblefoots playing ability and you can hear his playing ability on songs like Guitars Suck, Turn Around, The Color of Justice, etc. The truth is I really haven't heard slot of Bumblefoots stuff, but what I have heard makes it impossible not to argue with you when you say, for instance, that they don't play rhyaid because the song is too "hard" for Bumble to play. The solo isn't even new GNRs most difficult thing to play, not to mention Bucket himself sounds very average on the live recordings of this song back in 02. I just know Bumble can play the song based off what he has played in recording I have heard him on. That's all argue.

Like I said, I'm on my phone, so I will type more out later if I have to

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

James, all i've really heard from him is the Talking Metal song with Zakk Wylde.  It really doesn't have any impressive guitar work or anything that really stands out besides Zakk's vocals and piano. 

I did check out a few of his songs on myspace (can't remember the name) and i wasn't impressed with them.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:

I´d recommend his new album or delilah unplugged.

i m not that keen on these bumble vs. bucket discussions though. they both bring something entirely different to the table. bucket is more the technical player i think, while bumble is more the fun guy. both player`s contributions probably brought chinese democracy to a new level in some way...

Board footer