You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Dizzy tells fan: "Robin still in the band"

Strat0, usually that's true, it's just Trent with Alan Moulder and Atticus Ross, but on The Slip guitars are credited to Robin Finck. He recorded for that album, no question about it.

NIN doesn't have a single drummer either, but at the moment it's another ex-Gunner, Josh Freese.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Josh Freese is such a slut...he plays with everyone from The Offspring to GNR to NIN

Communist China

Yeah, but he's amazing. It's almost more respectable, to see a guy who doesn't pretend to have standards beyond the paycheck. Most others turn out to be hypocrites, and that's something that Josh could never be called. Imo, he's the best drummer GN'R has ever had. He even wrote the title track, (right?) which is one of the best songs in the decade of work on the album.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Josh Freese has bounced around more than any other artist.

I'm sure Freese will have stint with Zeppelin before it's all over.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Freese plays on Miley Cyrus' CD released this week. If that doesn't cry "respect," nothing will.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Yeah, but he's amazing. It's almost more respectable, to see a guy who doesn't pretend to have standards beyond the paycheck. Most others turn out to be hypocrites, and that's something that Josh could never be called. Imo, he's the best drummer GN'R has ever had. He even wrote the title track, (right?) which is one of the best songs in the decade of work on the album.

Absolutely right. I regard Brain as the better drummer but Josh Freese is damn good.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

i really dont understand whats wrong with being a professional musician

Communist China

He drummed for the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Musical episode, too. If you got the money, honey, he'll play drums on your record.

But yeah, in a way it'd be cool if he was still in Guns, then you'd always have a retort for any 'Slash is a sell-out' comments. I wonder how other pro drummers feel about Freese, if they respect how much he works and how well he plays, or if they see him as a whore.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

i really dont understand whats wrong with being a professional musician

Me neither.  If you're in demand and you have the time, do whatever you want.  None of us would turn down a job that will supplement our income if we have the time and means to do it.  Sure, we may turn something down if it's morally wrong or if we aren't qualified, but if they treat us with respect and pay us well we're going to do whatever they want us to do.  Same goes for musicians...

Board footer