You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: More leaks soon?

bigbri wrote:

Sure, we can expect "more leaks soon." I'm getting ready to take one right now.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Shackler's better be a higher quality song or you can kiss any interest outside of the boards goodbye when the album comes out.  This is a huge gamble...I can't believe nobody recognizes this.

bucketfoot
 Rep: 4 

bucketfoot wrote:

Yeah.

The only track that I would call "filler" would be IRS.
But do you call Think About You, Anything Goes, You're Crazy, etc. filler on Appetite? Just because it's not Jungle, Paradise, Nightrain, or Rocket Queen doesn't mean it's bad you know?

And for the record I think There Was A Time, The Blues, and Madagascar are insanely good tracks. Big guns if you want to use that monkier. Better is definitely very good as well.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
strat0 wrote:

One thing that is surprising me, and this is just my point of view please don't go off on me for this, but how can any of you make any of these comments on 11 out of 70 songs? We haven't even heard a quarter of the songs and already people are saying it's nothing groundbreaking, or earthshattering. Can't you see? This is earthshattering! This project has used up 15 mill! 14
Seriously though, None of us have heard some of the more epic songs from this. For all we know(Axl said it and I believe it) this is FILLER  Show me a few albums that have filler as good as these songs.

Unfortunately, I don't see the leaks that we currently have as "filler".  When people who have worked on Chi Dem have spoken about their time on the project, it seems that the same song names continue to repeat themselves - a fair chunk of those songs we have now heard.  My question is why do the same song names keep coming up?  My answer is that this is most likely their best material.

Can there still be great songs we haven't heard - absolutely!

Are the songs we currently have filler - absolutely NOT!

Will the release of CD when it finally happens create a big stir with lots of excitement - absolutely!

Will CD be earth shattering, the best album ever, reinvent the wheel, end world hunger and everything else people are predicting - abosolutely NOT!

For me I am expecting a good solid album that is better than most of the other shit music that is out there on offer at the moment.  No more no less.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
strat0 wrote:

One thing that is surprising me, and this is just my point of view please don't go off on me for this, but how can any of you make any of these comments on 11 out of 70 songs? We haven't even heard a quarter of the songs

Where did this line of thinking come from? Why cant an album's worth of tracks be judged? Should I wait for the rest of the Kala demos to surface before judging Kala?

I'm not deaf. Eleven songs surface, I'm judging eleven songs. Not waiting for pie in the sky dreams before doing so.

Seriously though, None of us have heard some of the more epic songs from this

Really? We've already heard every epic track mentioned since 1997. Unless there's some super secret epic songs I don't know about yet. This project is to the point where unheard shit's getting named. Where are those epics mentioned all these years??

On your Itunes playlist.

For all we know(Axl said it and I believe it) this is FILLER

When did he say that?

Show me a few albums that have filler as good as these songs.

Kala
Santogold
Fantastic Playroom
White Chalk

Thats just albums I'm listening to now and were released the last two years.

Like Aussie said, the only thing to expect is a good(or really good) album.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Shackler's better be a higher quality song or you can kiss any interest outside of the boards goodbye when the album comes out.  This is a huge gamble...I can't believe nobody recognizes this.

Oh, I recognize it. Other than the album, its another elephant in the room. Its the "Oh My God" test again. Instead of letting the album itself stand on its own merits, they are "testing the waters" again with one song.

Even if Shackler's sucks, the whole world should lie and say its great just so he might release the damn thing.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Oh, I recognize it. Other than the album, its another elephant in the room. Its the "Oh My God" test again. Instead of letting the album itself stand on its own meits, they are "testing the waters" again with one song.

Even if Shackler's sucks, the whole world should lie and say its great just so he might release the damn thing.

To be honest, what are the chances of Shackler's Revenge sucking?  Small chance this time.  Especially when we take into acount who wrote it.

Spanish hoarder
 Rep: -3 

Maybe, CD is coming soon...

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
Spanish hoarder wrote:

Maybe, CD is coming soon...

lol....:haha:

Board footer