You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Guns N' Roses launching iTunes promotion: 'Ides of March' hint?

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
misterID wrote:

And wasn't Oh My God released without his permission?

Go read the encyclopedia sized meaning of the song he wrote while promoting it for End of Days and saying how great it was.

Then after doing that, go check his excuse after the world hated it.

Why the hell would they need a "test the waters" track

I'm amazed you would even ask that after enduring the 96-08 period.

I remember the statement he released, I remember him saying it was basically about child
abuse and shit, but I don't remember him saying it was a great song. I agree the fact it wasn't
well received could and probably was the reason he said it wasn't finished and was released
without his permission, but Axl has always had deep meanings about his songs. Most of his
interviews showed he loved discussing them,  too. So really, that statement wasn't that out of
the ordinary, considering it was the first non original line-up track released by GNR.

If this is a "test the waters" situation then its a pretty dumb and useless move.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'm not going to speculate on the CD as a whole, but I think it's silly that people think Shackler's can just be pulled and replaced like that for Rock Band. It's in there. Rock Band is bigger than GNR, once a song is programed and completed with the intent of release, then announced to be on the game, it's on the game.

Doubting that is assuming that the band and Azoff have more power than they actually do. They can't stop it now. That ship sailed likely months ago.

They're promoting it poorly, I guess, but I think we're overreacting. What do you want? A statement describing the track? That's worthless. A release date for an iTunes single? That'd be nice, but there's a whole month before the game comes out and the rest of the world will be listening then. They aren't burned out already on GNR buzz, they know how to ration it.

103.3 radio station mentioned Shackler's being on Rock Band, from ChiDem, today while driving up to Canada. They did mistakenly claim that it had leaked earlier in the year.

--- NIN live dominates all other live rock bands ---

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I'm not going to speculate on the CD as a whole, but I think it's silly that people think Shackler's can just be pulled and replaced like that for Rock Band. It's in there. Rock Band is bigger than GNR, once a song is programed and completed with the intent of release, then announced to be on the game, it's on the game.

Doubting that is assuming that the band and Azoff have more power than they actually do. They can't stop it now. That ship sailed likely months ago.

Quoted for truth...

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

They never announced the HD ad. OMG was never announced to be ON CD, like SR has been by GN'R. We are getting a track off of the finalized, completed, Guns N' Roses album.

People being excited should be happening. There's no backing out of SR.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

They never announced the HD ad. OMG was never announced to be ON CD, like SR has been by GN'R. We are getting a track off of the finalized, completed, Guns N' Roses album.

People being excited should be happening. There's no backing out of SR.

They never announced the HD ad, but felt it worthy of an excuse(it was just a demo. sound familiar?) as soon as the world got its yearly dose of AFD.

I'm not trying to be a party pooper. Its certainly an interesting time to be a GNR fan, but you cant deny the CD/AFD pattern that was established the moment this project got off the ground.

Oh My God wasn't announced for CD, but Axl made sure to give the album title during his  promotion of Oh My God.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
madagas wrote:

what I'm saying is if the song doesn't go over well, he may can the whole damn thing.:nervous: Personally, I think he needs to drop the album before anything goes to radio, video game, movie, etc.

That is a horrible idea. 

To properly promote this album, a single has to be released before the album.  I honestly don't think Axl could successfully pull off a NIN release like The Slip, though i could be wrong. 

I think the best way to go is the way they are, start building a hype for the album by releasing a song on some very popular format.  The song is apparently also the first single, meaning it will be released on a highly popular video game as well as radio and hopefully music video.  Good course of action.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

James, you're not the only one that sees a pattern.  This could VERY easily go in the direction of every time before.  Frankly, i wouldn't be surprised if Jungle turned out to be this 'mystery track' on Rock Band 2.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

itunes "promotion" it's only on the USA itunes. there is nothing that indicates a promotion of some sort.

very misleading title.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
jorge76 wrote:

What I did was Type "guns n' roses" into the "search itunes store" box.

In the upper left corner of the display on my itunes it says "all results"  and "Power search"

Right under that is a box labeled "Artists", in that box it says Guns N' Roses, Vitamin String Quartet, Studio 99, etc.  When I click on Guns N' Roses in that box it takes me to the page we were talking about.

You'll know it when you see it.  The background changes to black and there's a big GNR logo in the middle of the screen.

i dont get that, i get what i posted above

Big Gun wrote:

itunes "promotion" it's only on the USA itunes. there is nothing that indicates a promotion of some sort.

very misleading title.

this may explain it but arcade roses isnt from the usa...i dont think hmm

Sky Dog wrote:

Saikin, the release of Chinese Democracy will be INFINITELY bigger than the release of any NIN record....especially on a worldwide basis. And, this album needs little to no promotion at this point. For fuck's sake, it has been talked about constantly in the press and industry for ten years. By putting out one song, you risk the song tanking and the inevitable Axl goes back in to hiding or the record company says let's re-do some stuff for the 14th time.

Again, I say if Axl truly has a cohesive album, a cohesive piece of work that requires you to listen to all 13 tracks (or however many) to understand where he is coming from and where he has been, then he should release the album and first single at the same time....especially after all these years...give the fans what they have been patiently waiting for!:flame: And, make the listener look at the whole body of work instead of one track.

This one song with no evidence from an official source to suggest it is a single (Mysteron is not an official source-really on the label and the official website are) and with no release date for the album just reeks of a test the waters scenario. :sick:

Board footer