You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Guns N' Roses launching iTunes promotion: 'Ides of March' hint?

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

and with no release date for the album just reeks of a test the waters scenario. :sick:

If Rock Band 2 comes out with Shackler and there isn't a CD release already set, that's exactly what this is.

Like I said in an earlier post, we're gonna know in a few short weeks how Axl feels about this current lineup and we're gonna find out if all Azoff could pry out of Axl's hands is one song.

If Azoff cant get this album on store shelves, NOBODY can.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
madagas wrote:

and with no release date for the album just reeks of a test the waters scenario. :sick:

If Rock Band 2 comes out with Shackler and there isn't a CD release already set, that's exactly what this is.

Like I said in an earlier post, we're gonna know in a few short weeks how Axl feels about this current lineup and we're gonna find out if all Azoff could pry out of Axl's hands is one song.

If Azoff cant get this album on store shelves, NOBODY can.

With the game's released date such a short time away, I really don't think there's anyway that it will be released without Shackler or with something else in its place.  There's just too much time and money that would be involved in a last minute change like that, and Harmonix likely has enough on their late with last minute details and bug fixes. 

The only scenario I could see for it not being on the game is if they had planned for that possibility all along and possibly had Jungle or something ready as plan B.  But if that were the case and there was doubt about it actually being on there, I doubt they would've made such a big deal of it when talking about the game at E3.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Communist China wrote:

I'm not going to speculate on the CD as a whole, but I think it's silly that people think Shackler's can just be pulled and replaced like that for Rock Band. It's in there. Rock Band is bigger than GNR, once a song is programed and completed with the intent of release, then announced to be on the game, it's on the game.

Doubting that is assuming that the band and Azoff have more power than they actually do. They can't stop it now. That ship sailed likely months ago.

They're promoting it poorly, I guess, but I think we're overreacting. What do you want? A statement describing the track? That's worthless. A release date for an iTunes single? That'd be nice, but there's a whole month before the game comes out and the rest of the world will be listening then. They aren't burned out already on GNR buzz, they know how to ration it.

103.3 radio station mentioned Shackler's being on Rock Band, from ChiDem, today while driving up to Canada. They did mistakenly claim that it had leaked earlier in the year.

--- NIN live dominates all other live rock bands ---

I've gotta agree here.  I think it's far fetched to believe that there could be a backup song and they could pull "Shackler's Revenge" at the last minute.  It's already been announced, discussed, confirmed.  I know we've been dissappointed in the past, but this situation is slightly different.  If it WERE to happen, all hope would be lost.  I know as GNR fans we're all supposed to expect the worst, but I don't think even they could pull such a stunt.
Also, Communist China is right.  We're still over a month away from the games release.  I know it feels like it's been a year since the news was announced, but it really hasn't been that long.  There's still time for things to happen.  I would hope and expect the song to appear on ITunes somewhere near the games release or shortly thereafter.  If not, everyone's gonna have the opportunity to just download the track for free without an option of paying for it.  You'd think they'd be smart enough to figure that out with all the practice they've had with the leaks over the years.
And I'm not sure if I'd call it "testing the waters", but I wouldn't be surprised if the song is on the game and there's no mention of any progress on CD.  I know Axl's a freak, but I just don't think he's sitting at home waiting for us all to rise in unison and proclaim "Shackler's Revenge" as the modern day "Stairway to Heaven".  He may not have enough confidence in the material or the current lineup.  If that's the case, I don't see how any test could be passed to get the album out there.  As I said before, the leaks have received plenty of positive reviews and that hasn't helped the process out one bit.  So I don't buy the whole testing thing.  Tests have already been passed, there's more to it than just that.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

James you ain't the only one seeing the pattern here trust me.  I ain't all pessimistic.  If SR is on RB2 and an album gets released great.  If not well I won't be surprised.  I can't believe people here haven't learned from past experiences.  I expect NOTHING from Axl.  That way can't be disappointed.  And James you're right.  If Azoff can't get CD out NOBODY can and we'll never see that album.  If by the end of September we only got the silent treatment then you can all forget about this year folks.  And I am very generous to say by the end of September.  Realistically I should say by mid September at latest.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

and about to do so again as its getting a vinyl re-re-re-re-release when their full concentration should be Chinese Democracy.

Hard to believe I'm the only person detecting a pattern.

Forgive me if I'm not 100% convinced that Chinese Democracy starts now.

Erm... who mentioned the AFD re-release/pattern in this thread first.:P

Saikin wrote:

James, you're not the only one that sees a pattern.  This could VERY easily go in the direction of every time before.  Frankly, i wouldn't be surprised if Jungle turned out to be this 'mystery track' on Rock Band 2.

gnfnraxl wrote:

James you ain't the only one seeing the pattern here trust me.  I ain't all pessimistic.

Wow.  I am suddenly the most optimistic person here.:haha:  I still believe the AFD re-release could still be promotion for the band/cashing in on the launch of 'Shackler's Revenge'/etc. while the iron's hot.:)

we're gonna know in a few short weeks how Axl feels about this current lineup

Or indeed the old line-up.  Check the AFD re-release page.  It doesn't list Axl as a band member - giving the impression, if officially sanctioned (this again goes back to what me and Saikin were discussing a few pages back), that he *may* not want to be tied to the 'old' line-up now CD/the supposed trilogy seems on the launchpad.  If (again) so, it does not point too much in the direction of a reunion either IMHO....

dark - any news from the hemisphere of the testing/production of this game?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I might be wrong, but don't artists have to pay back all the money the record label shells out
to make an album?

This could be a big sticking point that they're tying to work out.

A 13 million dollar sticking point.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

The sad thing is the skeptics in this thread, not that there's anything wrong with that...

We've become so jaded because of being burned in the past, and Axl's constant false starts, that when Chinese Democracy finally is TRUELY starting now - we're not even going to believe it's happening. We're going to convince ourselves it will fall apart.

Hopefully this is the case now. We think it won't start but it actually is.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, next thing you know James will be trying to tell us there's no such thing as Santa Clause
and that it was our dads eating the cookies and leaving presents all those years.

Yeah....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'm still hoping that in a week or two I big marketing blitz will occur. I'm gonna be really disappointed if RB2 comes out and there's nothing from GNR other then what they've already posted on the website.

i think that you should prepare for disappointment then 16

for me the best way to approcah gnr news is not to expect anything cuz that will most likely be what you are gonna get...

anything beyond nothing is a bonus with this band 14

Board footer