You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: VR dropped by MCA?

I thought Libertad was better than Contraband, it just lacked hit singles. Contraband had 2 maybe 3 on it, Libertad had none (1 if you include Messages) but I thought overall was a better album track for track. Still a dissapointment though.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I like Libertad more than Contraband as well.  Listening to Libertad with headphones completely changed my opinion on the album.  The mix is terrible and I think if the guitar had been more in the forefront, it would change a lot of people's perception of the album.  It's sad that it took playing Messages on GH3 for me to realize how much was going on in that song that you can't hear that well through speakers.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Rex wrote:

Libertad was a solid album.  If anyone but VR released that, then there would be no bitching.

I would be bitching no matter who recorded that shit. In fact, the only reason I even gave it a chance is because of the people on the album.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i love libertad as well...i dont understand the hate...the first 6 songs are great then they kinda lose it for 2 or 3 tracks but it finishes well 21

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I don't like VR in general. I tolerate Contraband but I haven't intentionally listened to VR since Libertad came out and I hated it. Only American Man and Messages were decent enough to make an album cut.

But whatever, if they were dropped, I'm glad. I'd like to see Slash do his solo record, and the rest of these guys should find heir own space, with Loaded, or some other band. And if the rumors of Royston Langdon are true (EW reported that rumor in the last issue, if no one saw) then another lousy album is on its way.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I don't get why they would "drop" them?? Doesn't really make business sense, unless they feel (if it's true) Royston Langdon sung album will just be useless & not worth the however much it costs them to produce the album & put it out there.

While I don't believe it's true, on the other hand I wouldn't be very shocked either.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Rex wrote:

Libertad was a solid album.  If anyone but VR released that, then there would be no bitching.

What changed your opinion Saikin?  I seem to remember you raving about it and saying how it was mostly Scott's album.

Completly forgettable.  I hardly remember it and haven't had the urge to listen to it since it first came out.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Libertad isn't on par with some of Slash's best playing, ala It's Five O'Cock somewhere...but there's still some good music on it. She Mine and Get out the Door are pretty catchy and fun to have up real loud...and Let it Roll is one of the best songs i've heard in ages...just a simple fun song!

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I don't think they are dropped from their label.

Board footer