You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: VR dropped by MCA?

Saikin wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Rex wrote:

Libertad was a solid album.  If anyone but VR released that, then there would be no bitching.

What changed your opinion Saikin?  I seem to remember you raving about it and saying how it was mostly Scott's album.

Completly forgettable.  I hardly remember it and haven't had the urge to listen to it since it first came out.

Same here. SBQM killed any interest I had. I did power through it once though and never had the urge to listen again. I like Messages a great deal though.

It's pretty bad when the best two songs out of those sessions aren't even on the album, and one of them is a cover.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Count me in with those that love "Libertad" and think its better than "Contraband".

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

Count me in with those that love "Libertad" and think its better than "Contraband".

We cant count you in.

We ran out of straight jackets.:haha:

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

I originally liked Libertad better than Contraband, but my interest faded after a few months.  I can still listen to the best tracks on Contraband, but Libertad didn't offer much in the way of memorable tracks that I can listen to repeatedly.  Although, the last track (Gravedancer) and the bonus track (Don't Drop That Dime) are great, I don't think they can beat Contraband.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Gravedancers a great song, very similar to FTP though, but whatever. Libertad is a decent album, a little too polished, could have been a little more edgy as far as production & recording is concerned.

The biggest blunders were SBQM as the first single, and Messeges being left off it. Either Last Fight, Messeges or Gravedancer should have been on a movie soundtrack though.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

i love slash, he is amazing, why am i one of the minority that thought libertad was pretty awful ?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

^^ Actually I think most people on this board think Libertad was pretty bad. Those who don't are more the exceptions.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
Slashisvr wrote:

i love slash, he is amazing, why am i one of the minority that thought libertad was pretty awful ?

I'm in pretty much the same boat. Aside from some cool soloing here and there (Let It Roll, Just 16) I think the album is Slash's most uninspired work, not to mention you can barely him alongside Dave Kushner's farty guitar sound.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

just found this on there myspace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu … id=4303128

look at there label... says NONE, and they are independant

Board footer