You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

Re: GNR's 'Democracy' To Be Retail Exclusive?

-D- wrote:

If they do this with Wal Mart, would that be considered a sell out move?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm sure. But most know it's Axl Rose solo, just marketed under the name Guns N' Roses.

If they can accept the new band as GN'R, they'll have no problem with a exclusivity deal with Wal-Mart.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
machine24 wrote:

If they do this with Wal Mart, would that be considered a sell out move?

Money's money.  License it through McDonald's, I don't care.  They need to at least break even on this monster.  It doesn't matter how they do it, as long as they get the job done.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

If he goes Best Buy exclusive; well in Canada Best Buys (and their affiliate, Future Shop) are pretty sparse. The nearest copy of Chinese Democracy would be two hours away from me. Hopefully if it's exclusive, it's Walmart. As long as they don't censor it, but I'm not sure if they do that anymore... they have R-rated/unrated DVDs. That doesn't mean anything really, but it would be some hypocrisy.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Brett wrote:

If he goes Best Buy exclusive; well in Canada Best Buys (and their affiliate, Future Shop) are pretty sparse. The nearest copy of Chinese Democracy would be two hours away from me. Hopefully if it's exclusive, it's Walmart. As long as they don't censor it, but I'm not sure if they do that anymore... they have R-rated/unrated DVDs. That doesn't mean anything really, but it would be some hypocrisy.

The new songs we've heard really don't have many curses in them.  Nothing like their previous albums, so I don't know if censoring would be an issue.  It may not even get the sticker.  That is, as long as "Silkworms" isn't on it.  Those lyrics, we'll they're a little filthy.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I like that Wal-Mart won't sell albums with 'dirty words' but they sell guns. That's fucking weird.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

What I find laughable in all of this banter is that most of you support an exclusive deal with best buy but not wal-mart.  Best Buy is a national chain and is putting other stereo/computer/television stores out of business.  More importantly, a best Buy exclusive deal would keep the album away from the local mom and pops thus adding to your beliefs that corporate America is harming small business.  Regardless if Best Buy or Wal-mart get it, it takes sales away from every other record store in the world.

Personally I support Wal-Mart and Best Buy 100%.  If you don't possess a skill that can't be easily replaced by someone who speaks poor english and lives 15k miles away, the last person(s) you should be mad at our the employers.  Unions drive up the costs of production which result in higher prices which result in less sales which result in less revenue.  I'm not going to go on a rant here, but there's nothing wrong with competition.  You earn what you're worth and unskilled labor isn't worth very much.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I don't have any issues with those two retailers killing mom and pop shops. I have a big problem with Best Buy's pricing, which is almost always a big ripoff compared to the same items at Wal-Mart, Amazon, etc. and I have a problem with Wal-Mart's music retail business because they refuse to sell the parental advisory version of any album while selling Rated R DVD's. If that isn't hypocrisy, I don't know what is.

Board footer