You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: hey james, would you cave?

Communist China wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Everything leaks. FACT. Kala leaked weeks before its release. If GNR don't think leaks are gonna happen, they need to retire from the music biz.

Nine songs leaked 2 months ago and they slept through it. A song coming out in a few weeks leaks(the normal timetable for a leak), and sycophants are screaming bloody murder.

That's actually a very good point. Why is SR leaking such a big deal and 9 leaks a few months ago something to just ignore? Is it possible SR is the only finished, recent version of anything to leak? Or even that those 9 songs aren't all going to be on CD?

I think that's probably exactly it, if someone (everyone now) has a finished SR it means there's possibly other finished album ready tracks out there. Perhaps it means a finished copy of the album is in the wrong hands.

The 9 song leak didn't exactly get ignored if the stories about the FBI are true.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Yeah but they made no public statement and didn't really attack any boards about it. This time, when 1/9 of what was leaked before is leaked, they're trying to control entire forums. Maybe they're mad, maybe they're afraid that more could come out, or maybe this is just the last straw. Hard to say.

Sky Dog wrote:

last straw...an official release coming soon...things get serious.:/

DbeDz
 Rep: 1 

DbeDz wrote:

I just found out about this site and had no idea the more mainstream forums were so crooked.

If GNR's management think they can wait out the internet or somehow scare us with their manufactured bullshit , then they are mistaken.  We nerds are a stubborn lot, but we do get what we want.  Axl may be able to get anything he wants in life, but the general public are not like his loyal legion of cum stained dingleberries and will not be controlled as such.

Just get the cocksucker out this year and I'm sure we will all buy the 300 dollar super happy yay fun mega CD/vinyl edition, Type-R.  Keep fucking us over and more and more people will not even bat an eye when the Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy torrent link is found (for real) - I know I won't.

This whole ordeal is one man's fault, only one.  Keep it up, Bill!

EDIT:  I'm still grateful for what MSL did when The Blues, CD etc were originally leaked, let alone this!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Great post.

Welcome to the forum DbeDz.

I ARE ESS
 Rep: 1 

I ARE ESS wrote:

i have left CD.com. i will check it once a day. pm's etc etc
but BP sold us all out

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:

I think we're gonna be seeing a lot of new members over here soon.  Hooray for not selling out!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
I ARE ESS wrote:

i have left CD.com. i will check it once a day. pm's etc etc
but BP sold us all out

Welcome to the forum.:beer:

I didn't post there much but I do remember you.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

This sort of power play for control of the forums only works in the short term. Long term it dwindles discussion, activity, enthusiasm, and leads to posters simply finding a new place (like is happening now). So hopefully the censorship is in place because the album is coming in 08 - if it isn't enough people will have left for free internet speach and discussion so long before CD that having the 'top 3' won't mean a lot.

Let us know if they try anything James. And what they offer for voluntary censorship. I'd like to know how the others were bought.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

so have they actually been in touch asking to ban specific people?

Board footer