You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Elton John

Sky Dog wrote:

I'll expand later if anyone interested. 71-73....Buckmaster...CLASSIC tunes.

Rogue08
 Rep: 3 

Rogue08 wrote:

What ya got Bucky?

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

From self-titled to Don't Shoot Me, I'm Only The Piano Player.

Hit it!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I never dove deep into his discography for some reason. Maybe I should. Mainly familiar with his ton of hits. I do remember buying that Reg Strikes Back album back when I was a kid. Loved that song "I Don't Wanna Go On With You Like That", and really loved that chick in the video. Had many fantasies about her in my early teen years. Why she didn't become a star is mind boggling.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

[youtube]wAhpIjazFN0&feature=related[/youtube]

Funeral for a Friend is one my favorite instrumentals of all time.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I always liked this song & video.

I like Elton John, never got any of his cd's or anything, but he has alot of good songs imho.

Dreamline
 Rep: 64 

Dreamline wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Funeral for a Friend is one my favorite instrumentals of all time.

Thanks for the link!  Too bad that the clip cuts off when it's really rocking out. sad

I saw Elton John with Billy Joel years and years ago.  At the time I wasn't really familiar with many of Elton's songs other than the really big hits, but I remembered him doing a long song with some really rocking instrumental in it.  Been trying to figure out what it was all this time.  I think you just solved the mystery for me. smile

Sky Dog wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InOjdeQqQFA

Axl should cover this song. The blueprint for Axl's leanings towards epic ballads started with Tumbleweed Connection, Madman Across the Water, and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road era Elton, 1970 to 1973.

Burn Down the Mission-Buckmaster on Strings
Funeral for a Friend
Levon-Buckmaster
Madman Across the Water-Buckmaster

it is not a coincidence that Axl chose Buckmaster to do the strings for Chinese.

second version of madman....shows you how songs can quickly change over a years time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vvRN09H … re=related

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Elton has ALOT of great songs, but I think by far his crowing achievement... is of course... Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. I just really like that album.

I think the rest of his catalog could be condensed down into a big 17-18 track 'other' greatest hits.

warriorpriestess
 Rep: 5 

first time i heard funeral for a friend i was blown away. and i still love it. elton is brilliant.

Board footer