You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

NY Giants82 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

Hard to believe that since 2005, Eli has found Burress the same amount as Peyton to Harrison. Tied for 1st since then.

Is that right?? I would have never guessed that.

Yeah they had that statistic shown on MNF last night. I was like "hell yeah!"

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah I heard about that SB overseas on the radio. Horrible idea. A. screws over American fans who'd like to go support their team, B. The time difference, they'd have to start at like 10pm there to be 6pm on the East Coast. C. It's just stupid, keep it in America.

I've have heard about the 17th game idea (not sure anyone posted it). The NFL would take away 1 pre-season game, then teams would play 1 game overseas (8 home, 8 away, 1 overseas/nuetral). I think after that game they have their bye week.  I like that idea better than the SB overseas. It'd be cool if each team was designated it's country (England, Germany, Italy, Poland, Russia, Japan etc).

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

NBC overhead camera falls onto field, delays Saints-Seahawks game for 10 minutes

By GREGG BELL,
AP Sports
Posted: 2007-10-15 00:40:19
SEATTLE (AP) -Talk about bad omens.

An overhead NBC television camera mounted on wires collapsed onto the turf during a timeout early in Sunday night's game between the New Orleans Saints and Seattle Seahawks, almost hitting two Seattle players and causing a 10-minute delay.

The Saints had just called timeout with 11:24 remaining in the first quarter when the camera slumped and then fell a few yards from quarterback Matt Hasselbeck and the rest of the huddling Seahawks. After the camera was righted somewhat off the ground, it fell again - and nearly hit Bobby Engram as the receiver was walking to the sideline.

Game officials then cleared both teams from the middle of the field while the network got the camera back up to normal height. As the camera moved up and down the field for testing, Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren looked up at its every move with his mouth agape. When the camera moved to the sideline, Seattle's players all cleared out from beneath it.

"That's total access right there," Hasselbeck said. "It wasn't our night, I guess."

Guess not. Seattle went on to a 28-17 loss that had the home crowd booing the three-time defending NFC West champions.

"I thought it was going to hit Matt," running back Shaun Alexander said. "You kind of wanted to laugh. But at the same time you were like, 'What else can happen?"'

After a 10-minute delay, the game resumed with the camera parked above the Seahawks bench area - with players and coaches making sure they did not stand under it.

"I'm going to talk to my lawyer and get back to you," Hasselbeck joked.

"I just feel really fortunate it didn't hit me."

Just before the game resumed, referee Jeff Triplette announced: "If any live ball were to touch the wires overhead, there will be a replay of the down, by rule."

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

10/14/07 23:39 CDT
http://sports.aol.com/story/_a/nbc-over … id=RSS0001

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

too bad it didnt fall on Alexander....he fucked me over last year in my pool 4

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Is it just me...or are the Packers WAY over-rated?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Is it just me...or are the Packers WAY over-rated?

If you think the Packers are overrated, whats your view on Dallas? Dallas is the NFC team getting all the hype.

The Packers may be a bit hyped, but the NFC is terrible this year.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, I think GB is decent, has as good as a chance as anyone in the NFC to getting to the SB. The next 4 weeks will make or break ALOT of teams. Oct/Nov is great football. & college gets good too! Man I love football season. And chicken wings!

As for GB & Dallas, while over hyped, right now they are among the better teams (myb not the best) in the NFC. After all, as Bill Parcells always says "You are what your record says you are."

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

yeah if the packers keep winning then it'll be everywhere...comeback season and cinderella and all that

as for the cowboys....NE put them in their place big time...NE and Indy are the teams to beat....AFC or NFC...

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

what the fuck? roll what is it with goodell anyway 16

Brady the latest Patriot to break the rules
Wednesday, Oct 17, 2007 10:20 am EDT

When it comes to the NFL's uniform police, no one is above the law. The Boston Globe reported New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady has been fined for not having his chin strap properly buckled.

Reiss reports that Brady's agent, Don Yee, confirmed the fine but would not say how much Brady was fined or which game the violation occurred in.

This isn't the first such fine for the Patriots this season; defensive lineman Ty Warren was fined $7,500 for not having his chin strap buckled in a Sept. 23 game against the Bills. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said teams were notified before the season and reminded multiple times that the league would be cracking down on unbuckled chin straps as an effort to prevent concussions.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah, but I can understand. The NFL has taken alot of heat for players & concussions recently. Buckle up!

Board footer