You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: The NFL 2007-08 Season thread

mitchejw wrote:

James is right...the NFC really does suck...and Dallas and Green Bay (the two supposed best teams) are barely beating their opponents. I say it's still up in the air....wait until Green Bay has to play a good team (and SD does not count b/c the first 3 weeks really sucked for them)

Although these two teams ahve the inside track right now...I have a feeling niether of these teams will represent the NFC in the superbowl. It will be a team right now that is capable of playing a lot better than they are and is able to keep the turnovers down. I think Minnesota may be on the verge (perhaps not this season) as well as Tampa. I still think Chicago is in it...they, more than any other team, have beaten themselves with massive turnovers and self-inflicted team psyche damage.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Green Bay isn't overrated. They have a very good defense, and an offense that can score points. The problem will be the running game. Eventually, it will come to haunt them. I have watched all their games this year, and they can not run block for shit. Good team though.

And the NFC doesnt suck. They are no different than the AFC, with the exception of having the ELITE teams. The AFC has New England and Indy. The NFC doesnt have an elite team like them. Doesnt mean they suck.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

And the NFC doesnt suck. They are no different than the AFC, with the exception of having the ELITE teams. The AFC has New England and Indy. The NFC doesnt have an elite team like them. Doesnt mean they suck.

True there, that myth went out the window. Ariz beat Pitt, Seattle beat Cinci. The whole league is in parody, which is what the NFL wants. Only NE & Indy are in another echelon, and even they could go down in the playoffs.  The rest is fair & square. Chicago plays Eagles this week, loser of that game has slim chance to make the playoffs at 2-4.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

Green Bay isn't overrated. They have a very good defense, and an offense that can score points. The problem will be the running game. Eventually, it will come to haunt them. I have watched all their games this year, and they can not run block for shit. Good team though.

The AFC's second tier teams are better than the NFC's. There is a difference between the conferences, although I do agree with you and Pasnow that the whole league is getting pretty damn close to an even playing field.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Although these two teams ahve the inside track right now...I have a feeling niether of these teams will represent the NFC in the superbowl. It will be a team right now that is capable of playing a lot better than they are and is able to keep the turnovers down. I think Minnesota may be on the verge (perhaps not this season) as well as Tampa. I still think Chicago is in it...they, more than any other team, have beaten themselves with massive turnovers and self-inflicted team psyche damage.

Chicago is pretty much out of it.They fucked away this season by letting Jones get away, and by not benching Grossman during preseason.They have a lot of decisions to make in the offseason, and what choices they do make will effect this franchise for many years to come.

In the AFC, we know NE or Indy are pretty much locks for the SB, but these teams are legitimately in the playoff hunt:

Steelers
Panthers
Ravens
Titans
Browns
Texans
Chargers

In the NFC, it is wide open:

Packers
Cowboys
Bucs
Skins
Giants
Panthers
Eagles
Cardinals
Seahawks
Lions
Vikings
Bears

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

Who would have thought that we would be discussing Cleveland as a possible playoff contender? They could be the suprise of the year. Plus I root hard for them every game, since Dallas owns their #1 pick next year! Cant let Dallas have a top 10 pick!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

and without brady quinn back there

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

Since Derek Anderson is a restricted free agent after this year, I bet some team offers something to the Browns for him. That could make up for losing their number 1 pick next year. Works out well for them, get Quinn, plus a high pick next year.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Did they get Dallas' 1st rd pick straght up, or are they swapping 1st rounders next year?  Either way it benefits Dallas but I hope they don't have two first rounders!!  Not a Herschel Walker trade all over again!! yikes

NY Giants82

NY Giants82 wrote:

Cleveland traded their 1st round pick in 2008 to Dallas to move up this past year in the draft for Brady Quinn. So, say if Cleveland sucked balls and had a top 5 pick, Dallas would have that pick. So in essence, Dallas could be a Super Bowl team and still have a top 5 pick in 2008. But thankfully, Cleveland is showing life. So they can make that pick as high as possible.

But yeah Dallas will have two first rounders in 2008.

Board footer