You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Rolling Stone Confirming the November Date

PaSnow wrote:
Tommie wrote:

The only source rolling stone has our the forums.  I"ll bet my paycheck they have no more idea than we do.

I always felt that way too. EVERY time there's a rumor, suddenly RS or whatever mag/site states "Our inside sources say blah blah blah..." and it's exactly what's being posted on the forums.

I don't think there really are "inside sources" leaking stuff to the media.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Seriously though...releasing ONE song with a large gap afterward maybe isn't very healthy idea for Axl...some people won't like it and I can see him getting upset. They need to release a few to get a mixed reaction to their songs...

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:
madagas wrote:

then he's a puss......and should scrap the whole project. Fuck him if that is his way of thinking.:headbang:

Well judging by the rumour he maybe competing against Led Zep next year...so if I was him I'd maybe think about getting it out rather soon...he can't compete with the publicity that would generate unless he decided to reunite

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

Except -
the Nov date came from MSL, and he was taking to reporters, supposedly, and people who had been given hush orders. So there could be 'reports' that aren't desperate internet forum scoops.

maybe.

Sky Dog wrote:

there are multiple industry sources saying this year if, AND THIS IS A BIG IF, Axl decides to sign off on it. He has final say-this again, is coming from industry sources. If Axl has final say, then everything is still way up in the air.:nervous:

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

If it doesn't come out this year then maybe the band should get back in the studio and start recording another album

Oh, you mean the 4th album - or wait, is it already the 5th?

Axl's got around 70 unreleased songs. He's the worst hoarder of them all. tongue

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Hopefully the november date does come true..although why still silence if so. I guess we will see what happens with SR - if no one mentions a date when that hits then i'd guess it's not happening.

Seriously though it must be time...beta says the album has been done - and theres only so many years business issues should go on when its everyone's best interest and plan to release the thing.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I hope to God the papers are already signed.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

My guess is that NOTHING is signed for a release date or else we'd have heard something by now.  If Sept 14 2008 comes and goes without having any update whatsoever from Axl and company then you can all close the books on a 2008 release and a release period.  Axl is missing his last boat here folks.  If he can't capitalize on this free publicity that is Rock Band 2 then we will NEVER see this album.  Like I said in another thread.  Unfortunately for Azoff, GNR might end up being a huge failure on his resume.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

My guess is that NOTHING is signed for a release date or else we'd have heard something by now. If Sept 14 2008 comes and goes without having any update whatsoever from Axl and company then you can all close the books on a 2008 release and a release period.

I don't think we can jump to that conclusion just yet. While I don't think the album will come out until next year(if ever), we cant close the 2008 book just yet. The GNR resume consists of releases sprung on the masses. Lies hit pretty quick, and I'm sure other old school fans can remember how quick it was from the UYI release date announcement to the actual release. TSI happened out of nowhere as well.

Board footer