You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Rolling Stone Confirming the November Date

gnfnraxl wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I hope to God the papers are already signed.

My guess is that NOTHING is signed for a release date or else we'd have heard something by now. If Sept 14 2008 comes and goes without having any update whatsoever from Axl and company then you can all close the books on a 2008 release and a release period.

I don't think we can jump to that conclusion just yet. While I don't think the album will come out until next year(if ever), we cant close the 2008 book just yet. The GNR resume consists of releases sprung on the masses. Lies hit pretty quick, and I'm sure other old school fans can remember how quick it was from the UYI release date announcement to the actual release. TSI happened out of nowhere as well.

I'm not closing the 2008 book YET.  But after Rock Band 2 is released on Sept 14.  If GNR fails to update us THEN you can kiss 2008 goodbye.  Axl has been offered yet another golden opportunity and he needs to take advantage of this.  If not well then it will never come out.  And no one will ever take him seriously again.

Edit: GNR is being talked about again right now.  Failing to give us a release date by Sept 14 will prove that a release is not imminent at all.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't think missing this year would mean it can never come out. the boat of "its been a stupid long wait" has already sailed...so it makes no difference now...he isn't going to cop any more critizism for it being 22 years than 20 years and so forth.

Yeah this rockband thing would be a good oppturnity...but its easy to make that kind of thing happen again..especially if they take a few more years in limbo to make people forget the prior buzz. I mean no one cares about OMG now do they? All the articles imply that SR is the first ever New Gnr track....

But hopefully none of that will happen, and SR will actually start to be the beginning of somethign happening for this version of the band!

there is a reason rolling stone has had several GNR scoops this year . . . THEY GET THEM DIRECTLY FROM AZOFF. the best buy/walmart story was given to billboard by azoff to punish rolling stone for refusing to pull their story about shackler's revenge leaking.

while everyone questioned the legitimacy of the 8/19 report on mistersaintlaurent.com, i got the majority of the information initially from a rolling stone reporter who was upset that azoff had so much influence over how the magazine covered the band.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

there is a reason rolling stone has had several GNR scoops this year . . . THEY GET THEM DIRECTLY FROM AZOFF. the best buy/walmart story was given to billboard by azoff to punish rolling stone for refusing to pull their story about shackler's revenge leaking.

while everyone questioned the legitimacy of the 8/19 report on mistersaintlaurent.com, i got the majority of the information initially from a rolling stone reporter who was upset that azoff had so much influence over how the magazine covered the band.

and this, my friends, is what truth sounds like.
i mean - I'm not THERE - but this is how things go. RS and Billboard are in the entertainment business.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Gagarin wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

and this, my friends, is what truth sounds like.
i mean - I'm not THERE - but this is how things go. RS and Billboard are in the entertainment business.

At this point I'll believe MSL over Axl, Azoff or anyone else in the GNR camp.  Ain't that sad?  And this ain't a dig at MSL at all.  But when you have to believe someone not involved in the band at all over anyone else then something is clearly wrong.  More so when you have to get your news concerning that said band from an outside source.  Way to go Axl!  Keep up the good work.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

It could still happen but if it does the announcement is literally days or max weeks away. Release dates for November and beyond are being set and announced daily in the media, if it goes on much longer I think we're looking at 09 but for now there's still a hope for 08.

Hmmm I just got a serious case of deja vu

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

It could still happen but if it does the announcement is literally days or max weeks away. Release dates for November and beyond are being set and announced daily in the media, if it goes on much longer I think we're looking at 09 but for now there's still a hope for 08.

Hmmm I just got a serious case of deja vu

Yep!  That's why I say Sept 14 is the deadline for this year.  I could be wrong.  But I don't think I am.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I actually had a sudden wave of Vuja De....

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:

Until CD is on a release (offical) list I dont believe shit

Board footer