You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: SEARCHING FOR ANSWERS

082808.jpg

while many guns n' roses fans are outraged that skwerl is facing criminal charges, it begs the question, who was ultimately responsible for his arrest? i figured i should contact guns n' roses management directly and attempt to find the answer.

and so my search began . . .

i called irving azoff first and ended up speaking with his secretary. when i identified myself i was promptly told, "mr. azoff is not willing to speak with you." alright, one strike i guess. good thing axl has two managers, right? so, then i called andy gould. his secretary kindly took a message and said he'd call me back.

twelve hours later i'm still waiting. won't be holding my breath for that call.

next, i decided to ask a few friends in the industry what they'd heard about the situation. i've been told mistersaintlaurent.com is pretty popular in the warner, sony bmg, and EMI offices, which still cracks me up. everyone agreed the timing of the arrest had azoff's fingerprints all over it, but there was still no official word of any sort from the GNR camp.

eventually gunsnroses.com was updated with a brief mention of the incident, including this gem:

"guns n' roses representatives have been made aware of the arrests and are leaving the matter to the authorities," said band spokesman larry solters.

between that and the document up on the smoking gun, many fans feel that the band is in the clear. however, just as many if not more have expressed feelings similar to those expressed by metallica fans after the napster fiasco.

so who really wanted to put skwerl behind bars? well, i don't think anybody can say for sure, but i might as well offer my opinion. one of the reasons it took so long for me to negotiate with axl's lawyers last year was because universal was intent on going after me and the GNR camp was trying to talk them out of it. while beta was blaming merck for the leaks at the time (and she may have honestly believed that, but we can now be fairly certain it was fernando), whatever the case may be, GNR realized the fuck up was on their end, not universal's.

this time however, the infamous skwerl leaks were most definitely a UMG fuck up and with the leak coming from the universal ship and not axl's, my gut tells me universal had the final call on going after skwerl and not guns n' roses.

make of it what you will.

slimemonkey
 Rep: 1 

slimemonkey wrote:

Lol, you should make a Guns comedy strip lol

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Interesting. I really don't see the need for this because the road leads back to them. Doesn't matter whether they go after this guy, you, dark, incognito,etc., because the road leads straight to the chinese buffet in Axl's house.

They're acting like you guys broke into Axl's house and stole his laptop. Its obvious even to Helen Keller's ghost that there is a leak smack dab in the middle of the GNR circle, and fans shouldn't be punished.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

what nonsense....these people need to get their shit together and stop embarrassing themselves in public like this...

i actually preferred it when we were in the silent era, at least then i had some mythical respect for Axl Rose....beginning to lose all of that now....

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

its always been my view that beta, and her family, and all those other pseudo-mystic idiots, have severely hindered Axl as a person and as an artist. it has been her(and her family's) continued displays of incompetence and public 'fuck yous' to the fans, that have hampered the album's release, as well detrimentally affected public perspectives of the band. that, along with the whole psychic/introspective/past-life horseshit that Axl got caught up in in the 90's. fuck them, manipulative parasites.

slimemonkey

slimemonkey wrote:

Yes maybe, but ya know, Axl is a big boy, he can make his own decisions, hes not a 4 year old. As much as i don't like some of the stuff im hearing about Beta and Fernando and others, i don't know whats happening, but Axl is not an innocent party either.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, he is an adult, but there are professional vultures out there who target the vulnerable. And I'm totally convinced he was a total basket case for a good many years.

slimemonkey

slimemonkey wrote:

Lol yes, everyone can agree on that one! I guess you have to be a basketcase when you are a genius ( musical) like he is. I still think the guy is awesome, my fav artist ever, but hes a crazy guy and lives in his own wee world, and no matter how much bitching we do i doubt he will ever change. Amazingly frustrating and annoying, but somewhat intriguing, almost car crash like.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

its always been my view that beta, and her family, and all those other pseudo-mystic idiots, have severely hindered Axl as a person and as an artist. it has been her(and her family's) continued displays of incompetence and public 'fuck yous' to the fans, that have hampered the album's release, as well detrimentally affected public perspectives of the band. that, along with the whole psychic/introspective/past-life horseshit that Axl got caught up in in the 90's. fuck them, manipulative parasites.

This here people, is what it's all about. Mr. Axl Rose is a mentally weak and instable person and all his hanger's on and yes-men are enablers of a sick mind. Parasites, leeching of his vulnerability, worsening his state and taking away his chances of real mental an psychological redemption.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I wouldn't regard him as weak and unstable person. If he was he would not be doing this in the first place. I would characterize him (and this is just guesses) as an insecure person with big issues with his past. I wouldn't talk shit about Beta. She's not very smart online it seems, but she took great care of Axl. God knows where he would be if it wasn't for her.

Board footer