You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

Re: Slash talks about Chinese Democracy and Axl !

sic. wrote:

To his credit, Slash has publicly said to have been eager to hear the record for some time now.

Slash: Axl's got got a record coming out, Guns I guess you call it, I think in March. Which is sorta cool, you know it's gonna be interesting to hear it. After all this time and after all this talk what's going on with him. - 01/04/06

Although Axl and Slash have not spoken in the last 10 years, the Velvet Revolver guitarist said he was pleased that the record is finally going to see the light of day.

"I'm really excited, it's been a long time waiting to see what the next step around the corner was going to be for him (Axl), we know where everybody else is, but we were wondering what he was going to be doing. It's coming out in March and apparently it sounds great."

He added: "I've always been supportive over that thing, even though it's been turned in to a big controversial blah blah blah thing.

"When I left I was pretty pissed off for having to leave in the first place. After a while all the boo-haha that was stirred and all the negative press, sort of went in his direction, so I'm just waiting for the record to come out, so I'm glad where it's got to the point that that's happening." - 02/12/06

Of course, that was after the GH2 release never happened and insiders assumed it was pulled in favor of CD. In March, when either CD or GH2 was rumored to be released, Axl put out the press release on Slash saying all those things some six months prior - just another distraction. The media loves their feud, and Axl seems to be using it to his advantage every now and then.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i don't always side with slash or believe what he says but i am guessing, if he is telling the truth, the copy he was handed was not stolen. it almost gets interesting at that point.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

I kinda disagree with part of what Slash has said.

I could see old GNR making some of these songs on their own.  (the Blues)

Nice to hear him stick up for Axl though.  Maybe he misses him.  haha

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

JIP
 Rep: 10 

JIP wrote:

if slash has listened to the album...it may come out this year

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

From chidem.com

To tell you the truth: I already listened to it. At first I thought that I would never listen to it until it's released, but someone handed it to me and I was in my car and I was like 'Okay, let's give it a try.' So I listened to it: It's a really good record. It's very different from what the original Guns'n'Roses sounded like, but it's a great statement by Axl. Now you understand where he was heading all this time. It's a record that the original Guns N'Roses could never possibly make. And at the same time it just shows you how brilliant Axl is. So it was a relief for me to actually hear it.

The man speaking here has heard a full cohesive and in his opinion good record. Let's face it, the 9 leaks ain't that.

James Lofton wrote:

Wow. Copies of the album are in circulation. That's much more interesting than tirades against Slash.

I smell leaks in the air.....

yeah..

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Slash has never been rude to Axl in the press, but I do think its all the more interesting and obvious that ever since VR had a 'gold' album and went singer-less that he's been buttering Mr. Rose up alot in the press.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Slash: Damned if he does, damned if he don't.

so true. If he'd said he disliked the songs we'd have a ton of "leaks vs vr" posts....if he says he likes it then he is also full of it. There's just nothing he can say that will please people!

I wonder if he heard the "leaks album" we all have or a more finished version.

I feel like of the leaks - the old band could have done a version of IRS, Maddy, The Blues and TWAT. Yeah the solos would be a bit different and stuff but esentially I can hear those riffs comming out of the old band. If he hears Shacklers, Rhiad and Better and If the World - then those sound more like stuff the old band would never have invented.

I'd love to know which it was!

It doesn't surprise me that someone gave Slash a copy of the album,it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.

Board footer