You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Baz Canadian Tour Cancelled. Opening for major act this fall? GNR???

RussTCB wrote:

removed

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
ereeper wrote:

I doubt he would open for Guns again.  I liked it when he did, but I would think Axl would select a different opener this time around.

Why - he's popular with the guns crowds and pretty much in the correct genre for his own act. He opened for guns when i saw them in 1993 and then again in 2007....so it's not like Axl changes the line up automaticly...

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Its probably Britny Fox, or maybe Winger is reuniting.

Lol! Winger already reunited. Unbelievable isn't it?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i think what ereeper is trying to say is if axl is trying to become relevant again on a grand scale and attract new and young fans, touring with baz won't cut it.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I was just about to say that.  God that was an awful tour.  That singer really doesn't have it at all anymore.

I would hope that if GNR tour again, it would be serious (backed by CD), and they would choose some more modern opening acts.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Saikin wrote:
bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I was just about to say that.  God that was an awful tour.  That singer really doesn't have it at all anymore.

ANYMORE?! did he ever "Have It" ...unless we're talking about a different Winger than i remember 16 19

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Saikin wrote:
bigbri wrote:

ANYMORE?! did he ever "Have It" ...unless we're talking about a different Winger than i remember 16 19

Well... that's a whole different argument right there! 16

Let's say, as much as he ever had it... even though it was never a lot to begin with.  Which makes that reunion tour even worse when he loses what he barely had.  16

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Are you sure you saw Baz open in 93.  Skid Row opened in 91, but I thought the 06 tour was the next time for Baz to open.  I liked him as an opener and would enjoy him again, but from a management perspective, I would find a different opener the next tour.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Baz touring for a major act could be opening for Ratt. Nothing against Ratt, but what Baz defines as 'major act' varies greatly from the general public. GN'R is probably the only major act he's opened for, even though Poison tours tend to do great B.O. for the venues they perform in.

I personally think Axl needs to move on from Baz, if GN'R were to tour again this fall. Baz has opened the last two years, most of the world has seen it, and it's time for something fresh. I personally think Axl's technique of an old-timer act for the old fans (Baz) and a new-timer act for the new fans (Papa Roach) is quite a good move from the shows I saw.

Maybe there's another 80's act lying around Axl could use for an opener, and then get a newer act too. But I think it's time to move on from Baz.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Has anyone watched Gone Country II on CMT?  I guess Baz is on that show trying to get a country recording contract.  I've got them set for DVR so I hope to catch it later this week.

Board footer