You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Del James Interview

Axlin16 wrote:

And if you two say he's a cool guy, I believe you, and him.

I personally agree with everything he says about the old band, but I refrain from saying it, because i'll be deemed a "blind Axlite".

I don't think he's wrong. I just think it's beneficial for him to NOT speak of Slash. It comes across as petty and unprofessional, even if he's telling the absolute truth. Slash has the media brainwashed, has for years, and it's not going to change. There's no reason a guy like Del should fall into bottomless trap, that Axl fell into 10 years ago. You're fighting to win a football game - that's FIXED. That's how I look at the Slash comments.

As for the fans, maybe I took it the wrong way, or it was taken out of context. It did say 'by Del James'.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

people just like to talk shit because they have nothing better to do and are fucking ignorant!!!!! judge not lest ye be judged, assholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 930#p64930

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=74

I don't care if Del and Axl are your best friends. You're not gonna talk down to people here like that.

Learn how to make your point without insulting people for having an opinion. If you either cant or are unwilling to learn that, your stay here is going to be short.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

anyway i thought the interview was ok....dont agree with the attacks on slash or fans or even nikki sixx for that matter

anyway Del is a long time freind of axl and he wears it on his sleeve, but he's always been like that even if you watch the old making fucking videos, its just the way he is

but james is right if you take your time you can think of a retort that doesnt resort to attacks

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

people just like to talk shit because they have nothing better to do and are fucking ignorant!!!!! judge not lest ye be judged, assholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
4:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.p … 930#p64930

http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=74

I don't care if Del and Axl are your best friends. You're not gonna talk down to people here like that.

Learn how to make your point without insulting people for having an opinion. If you either cant or are unwilling to learn that, your stay here is going to be short.

i don't know axl or anyone else in guns n roses. i never said i did. i'm sticking up for del because people are calling him obsessed and a kiss ass, which i think is pretty (frickin) rude!

Sky Dog wrote:

yeah, I guess Marc Canter is an Axl kiss ass too because he says Slash should publically apologize to Axl for all the things Slash has said in the press. Marc has been very opinionated on the subject and is still close friends with both. The whole thing is stupid, but I still feel Axl's side gets trampled on the most. Some of it is deserved, but alot of stuff he gets blamed for is bullshit.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

here's what i notice about the world---

whenever someone says anything nice or sticks up for axl, they get called a kiss ass. i've heard it said before about sebastian. and now people are saying it about del and marc canter.  does this seem weird to anyone else but me? am i crazy or something? why don't people who do the same for slash get called ass kissers? seriously................

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

yeah i dont think any of the guys who were there to watch all happen from day one are kiss asses. but its obvious that different peopel have different opinions on how things went down and where they stand today, but just cuz del says somethign doenst necessarily mean its axl's POV as well

the peopel closest to axl may feel more strongly about what happened when slash/axl relationship fell apart, especially if the rumors about axl being severly hurt by it are true

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

here's what i notice about the world---

whenever someone says anything nice or sticks up for axl, they get called a kiss ass. i've heard it said before about sebastian. and now people are saying it about del and marc canter.  does this seem weird to anyone else but me? am i crazy or something? why don't people who do the same for slash get called ass kissers? seriously................

You make a very valid point. There's an obvious bias, and has been for years.

Axl said it himself - "i'm blunt"

People hate that. I know in my life, I have been the same way, honest & blunt, but not an asshole.

However that's not how it's viewed. People don't like the truth.

The biggest asskiss of all time is Slash. Why do you think everyone loves him? Because he's likeable to the MEDIA. He dishes the dirt and tells them everything they want to know, for a headline. I can remember when Contraband was released, and almost every interview he did was 85% Axl & GN'R, even though he had a new band to promote.

He enjoys it. See Marilyn Monroe. See Michael Jackson. Axl, Marilyn Manson, whoever the fuck...

As soon as you hit the shitlist, you are a sacrificial lamb. They want your blood spilled at the full moon. It's not about truth, it's about sensationalism. If it bleeds it leads, and your in a game that has no rules.

Axl fell into it when he was young. One of the most admirable things about him now, is that he's wiser and takes the high road (most of the time).

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

The fact is, Axl's a big-time celebrity. He's a public figure who's bound to face scrutiny no matter what he does. Imagine, for instance, the type of emotional abuse those close to Michael Jackson have gone through in the past decade or so. Despite all the things he'd done as an artist, a performer and an entertainer, he was labeled as a pedophile and an out n' out weirdo by the press as well as the general public.

Of course, when there's smoke, there's fire, and Michael (as well as Axl) brought at least some the allegations down to himself. Not actually caring to know to what lengths (if any) he went into with, say, Macaulay Culkin, I maintain that poor Jacko gave the slanderers a fair share of ammunition to turn against him, either knowingly or not. Sadly, much of his problems that led to those allegations stem from his identity crisis and general insecurity, both of which stardom blew out of proportion.

It's very cruel and lonely up there on the top, and I can't blame Axl for stepping down from the treadmill to find a healthier place for himself. In fact, I'd find it disturbing that people wouldn't let him well enough alone, unless... Axl's Achilles' heel is the fact that eversince 1999, he's been adamantly promising an album to be released, thereby accrediting everyone interested to wait for one - and to ask what gives when the elusive album fails to show.

That leaves our man Axl open to scrutiny, whether he likes it or not.

As for Del James, it's hypocrisy at its finest to tout that GNR can do what they please and tell everybody who disagrees with him to piss off. His 'View From Side of the Stage' column - which was conveniently removed from GunsNRoses.com after the online fans had seen and copied it - was a real lowpoint in GNR's communication with the few people who've actually remained interested throughout the years.

Sure, they didn't ask us to stick around.

But Del attacked the whole lot of us in a very direct, immature and unnecessary way, which is why he no longer enjoys an ounce of respect here.

If Axl wants to set the record straight, he should do so without letting some of his dogs out. I'm sure everyone here will be very interested to hear out his account and give him a fair trial as far as their personal stance towards him is concerned.

Either that or stop blaming everybody else from not knowing 'the truth'.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
madagas wrote:

yeah, I guess Marc Canter is an Axl kiss ass too because he says Slash should publically apologize to Axl for all the things Slash has said in the press. Marc has been very opinionated on the subject and is still close friends with both. The whole thing is stupid, but I still feel Axl's side gets trampled on the most. Some of it is deserved, but alot of stuff he gets blamed for is bullshit.

Unfortunately Marc didn't go into details, so as a huge Slash fan, I don't agree with him, although I assume that he can e right, since he was around and I wasn't. (BTW being around only means you have more inormation and the people who were around had really different perceptation of the whole thing.) Anyway, Marc was always mature, even in his critics, he's still good friends with both camos, so I wouldn't call him an asskisser.

On the other hand the only thing Del has achieved in his life is being Axl's friend. His writings are poor, even for a non-native. He wouldn't have sold a copy without Axl promoting it. Yet Del is quite hostile towards the ex-members and the fans, he defends Axl even when there is no attack, but fails to give any real update (the legendary truth that people can't see but the Axl camp knows, yet can't talk about it). Even Anthony Kiedis said in an interview in the late 80s-early 90s, that Axl had some problem with RHCP using SCOM's riff in a song (about untalented posers). He and Axl talked about it, told Axl that it wasn't against GN'R and everything was OK, but then Del James and others (Kiedis names Del) started talking shit about them to Axl, so Axl got pissed off again. Del is one of those people who always support Axl, but IMO the more he 'helps' him, the more he drags Axl down. Beggars and Hangers-On.

Board footer