You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Charles Gibson interviews Sarah Palin

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Answering screened questions on O'Reilly has nothing to do with his lack of knowledge. I actually think it was a smart move to go on that show, but in my opinion was too little too late.

Again with the biased excuses. Obama had "screened question" but Palin was thrown curveballs like the excruciating question about the Bush Doctrine that just about every other politician knows what it is... The only reason you didn't hear much about Obama on O'Reilly is because he held his own, and didn't say dumb things like he has foreign policy experience because he can "see Russia" from his state. WTF??

Too little too late?? It's almost 2 months away with the debates & VP debates. As I've said many times, I'm not worried. The American public is catching on that Palin needs to stay as far away from the White House as she can, and that place is Alaska. And McCain & Karl Rove & their 11 lobbyists aren't "Change", that just making stuff up.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Catching on? McCain's numbers keep going up. If people "catching on" to Palin is the reason for that, I hope every single person in the country catches on, and I hope they catch on soon.

She knew about the Bush doctrine. I already explained that. Even Obama would have asked for a clarification in that interview because you cant answer the damn question unless you know which aspect to respond to.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Here's a valid point I read on another site, so I won't take credit for it as my own. But when she states repeatedly "We cannot second guess Isreal striking Iran", she obviously cannot mean it per se under ANY circumstance (ie, if Isreal bombed Iran tomorrow would we immediately 100% back Israel??). It's just a line she learned in her cram sessions. She is thinking of the most cardboard, cookie-cutter, black and white scenario, because she has no idea how complicated and nuanced these situations can be, because she's never really thought about them before. So we really have no idea how she would react, or what thought process she would follow. And I don't think she does either. Keep in mind we're talking about nuclear war (or "Nucular war" as she & W refer to it) here, not economic plans, or pro-choice/pro-life agendas.

GIBSON: What if Israel decided it felt threatened and needed to take out the Iranian nuclear facilities?

PALIN: Well, first, we are friends with Israel and I don't think that we should second guess the measures that Israel has to take to defend themselves and for their security.

GIBSON: So if we wouldn't second guess it and they decided they needed to do it because Iran was an existential threat, we would cooperative or agree with that.

PALIN: I don't think we can second guess what Israel has to do to secure its nation.

GIBSON: So if it felt necessary, if it felt the need to defend itself by taking out Iranian nuclear facilities, that would be all right.

PALIN: We cannot second guess the steps that Israel has to take to defend itself.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

That was a good interview...I don't think she gave a straight answer to any questions....the brilliance of Palin?

Every single question was answered with a VERY ambiguous response.

If you want to praise her ability to dodge direct answers, well she is awesome at that.

James

James wrote:

Just because I do support her doesn't mean I'll blindly swing from her clit. I most certainly disagree with dem and republican stances on Israel. If I were president and Israel was on the verge of striking Iran, I would most certainly have something to say about it. I would definitely second guess Israel striking Iran. Israel involving itself in a major conflict like that could start WWIII. If Iran needs to be taken out, it needs to be done on our timetable and whether or not US interests are at risk.

Israel has a deterrent(nukes, a military, and our military). A unilateral strike by Israel is absolutely unacceptable.

If you have issues with Palin, then you have issues with Obama on this as well because his views regarding Israel are virtually identical.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Good interview by Palin. The biggest thing people like about her is she's not "Washington". She's an outsider.

This just gives her more creedence. If Israel decides to take out Iran, then they have my blessing. Iran ain't nothin' but towel wrappin' jew haters anyways, and if Iran makes one counter back, we'll go in with our nuclear arms. No problem with it whatsoever. It's time Islamic facism was wiped off the face of the earth. No different than the Nazis. Same goes for Lebanon.

James

James wrote:

Liberals continue to destroy Obama's candidacy....

She said "nucular." Twice.
I realized three things tonight. For one, if you are a McCain/Palin/Bush voter, you and I do not have a difference of opinion. We have a difference in brain power. Two, she really is as ignorant as I feared. And, three, she really is kinda hot. Basically, I want to have sex with her on my Barack Obama sheets while my wife reads aloud from the Constitution. (My wife is cool with this if I promise to "first wipe off Palin's tranny makeup." I married well.)

Now, I want to be clear and speak directly to those of you who LOVED that Palin interview. You're an idiot. I mean that. This is not one of those cases where we're going to agree to disagree. This isn't one of those situations where we debate it passionately and then walk away thinking that the other guy is wrong but argued well. I'm not going to think of you as a thoughtful but misguided person with different ideas who still really cares about the country and the world. No, sorry, not this time. This time, if you watched those interview excerpts and weren't scared out of your freakin' mind, then you're mentally ill, mentally disabled, or mentally disturbed. What you are NOT is responsible, informed, curious, thoughtful, mature, educated, empathetic, or remotely serious. I mean it.

But I like to think that anyone can change.

Stop voting for people you want to have a beer with. Stop voting for folksy. Stop voting for people who remind you of your neighbor. Stop voting for the ideologically intransigent, the staggeringly ignorant, and the blazingly incompetent.

Vote for someone smarter than you. Vote for someone who inspires you. Vote for someone who has not only traveled the world but who has also shown a deep understanding and compassion for it. The stakes are real and they're terrifyingly high. This election matters. It matters. It really matters. Let me say that one more time. This. Really. Matters

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-s … 25861.html

The arrogance in that is disgusting. Vote for someone smarter than you? Labeling republicans, independents, and democrats "idiots" for potentially supporting McCain?

Nice job. I hope that article gets posted all over cyberspace.

James

James wrote:

The person who invented the term "Bush Doctrine" has weighed in on the subject...

The term 'Bush Doctrine' was first coined by columnist Charles Krauthammer three months before the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001 and has undergone profound changes as the war against terror has evolved.

'There is no single meaning of the Bush Doctrine,' Krauthammer noted in a forthcoming column. 'In fact, there have been four distinct meanings, each one succeeding another over the eight years of this administration '” and the one Charlie Gibson cited is not the one in common usage today. It is utterly different.'

I have a feeling the liberal bloggers will conveniently forget to add that to their rants.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

For the record, James Carville gave her a C-, and even stated he was grading on a curve due to her inexperience.  Keep defending her James, keep blindly defending her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H43ka51ZJFk

James

James wrote:

Blind defense?? The guy who started the term agreed that Gibson was wrong. What more do you want?

Board footer