You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Re: Information on Shackler's Revenge

As far as i am concerned, it's an official release.  It is released unlike previous releases, but a release of art included in a for profit conduit.  The record company, can retain the enigma surrounding the project, while not spending a cent on distribution--and don't worry, this will cycle through torrents, forums, etc. to the tune of a few million by months end.  Brilliant, and as I said, it's released.  I am sure that is how Axl and Azoff see it.  It's a new day, and there are new way's to distribute, with this being one of them.  Can't wait for the new rip to surface today, with the organic drums, bass, vocals and added guitar!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

We already got a rip from the game in another thread. Maybe the Shackler Footage thread.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:

Didn't know if any of you guys saw this or not but, Mysteron said that "Shackler's Revenge" is 6 years old.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
harmon420 wrote:

Didn't know if any of you guys saw this or not but, Mysteron said that "Shackler's Revenge" is 6 years old.

There is no way it dates to pre-Bucket recording sessions, so Mysteron is just stating the obvious with this one.  16

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:
Saikin wrote:
harmon420 wrote:

There is no way it dates to pre-Bucket recording sessions, so Mysteron is just stating the obvious with this one.  16

yea, I'm sure all of these songs are at least 6 or more years old.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
harmon420 wrote:

As in finished to a form recognizable as the song featured on Rock Band 2, I take it. Which would make it a possible B-list song on the RTB/Tom Zutaut album they worked on in 2001; B-list as in not completely fleshed out as of yet.

A lot of songs are now at least 9-10 years old. They've just gotten more bells n' whistles as time's passed. New stuff was written starting from late 2000, and in 2002, I understand most songs have been rounded up. They have the everpresent B-list, which could probably be digged for additional material, if needs be.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

and since bucket is on it that places the song in 2002-03 time frame...after the tour and before bucket left...makes sense to me

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Song would have had a bigger impact had it been released back when it was actually recorded. Imagine a scenario where Shackler is played at the 2002 VMAs instead of that lame medley and an album consisting of what we've heard was released that fall.

Definitely would have been successful.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yep. But Axl had no faith in his own material.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't watch TV very much other than news and football, but while watching one of the games I noticed a Rock Band 2 commercial with AC/DC.

Pretty obvious that Shackler will not be promoted.

Board footer