You are not logged in. Please register or login.

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Re: We still might get CD before X-Mas

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news … titialskip

Guns N' Roses / Chinese Democracy (Nov. 25, tentatively)

The transition: Axl Rose, the only founding GNR member still in the band, has been toiling 13 years on this opus, which evolved into an industry punch line (democracy will come to China before Chinese Democracy comes to the marketplace). Repeated delays, the singer's reclusiveness and a revolving roster of bandmates have raised doubts for a successful comeback by one of rock's former giants.

The mission: To prove that the wait was worthwhile and to restore Rose to critical and commercial prominence, a tall order considering Chinese is unlikely to meet impossibly high expectations or recoup recording costs. It may be the most expensive album ever recorded, with some estimates placing the tab at $13 million.

The ammunition: No music or complete track listing has been officially unveiled. While such early hints as Oh My God on the End of Days soundtrack suggested an industrial bent, Rose has promised a complex, stylistically diverse collection. Songs have surfaced live and online over the past few years, including nine recently leaked at antiquiet.com, where frenzied fan feedback ranged from "outstanding" to "horrible" before blogger Kevin "Skwerl" Cogill agreed to remove the tracks. One Chinese-destined song, Shackler's Revenge, will appear on the Rock Band 2 video game this month.

------

AND....

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=6277

by Paul Cashmere - September 13 2008
photo by Ros O'Gorman

The Chinese Democracy roll-out will begin on Sunday (September 14). As of tomorrow, the first taste of the album will be released as part of Rock Band 2.

'˜Shackler's Revenge' will be the first officially released Guns '˜N Roses song since '˜Oh My God' from 1999's '˜End of Days' soundtrack.

'˜Shackler's Revenge' is one of 84 tracks to feature on the game Rock Band 2. While most of the songs featured in the game are previously released, Guns '˜N Roses are using the gamers audience to introduce themselves back into the world with their new music.

It is the beginning of what is expected to be a series of announcements about Guns '˜N Roses, the main point being that the album will be finally released and before Christmas.

Axl Rose has delayed the release of this album for more than a decade. However, in recent months, a leak of demos from the album was circulated on the Internet, which lead to the arrest of the poster.

While the leak was 100% illegal and infringed the rights of the band, it did create a new interest in the title.

By getting the album out in November, Guns '˜N Roses will have a chance to claw back some of the control of the distribution and finally put this long overdue release in the hands of the fans.

Credit to bonhamfan at Mygnr

Paul Cashmere is also a credible source (he published this article). For those of you who remember he set up the Australian/New Zealand shows in 2007.

-----

We could always hope. 14:mosh:

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Sounds like fan speculation resurrected. I do certaintly believe that with Rock Band 2 being released, and nothing in a couple of weeks, it'll be exactly that - nothing is happening.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

"It is the beginning of what is expected to be a series of announcements about Guns '˜N Roses, the main point being that the album will be finally released and before Christmas."

That part is the newest, most promising. Surely, that wasn't just pulled out of his ass.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually bri, i've heard fans say that before just in gossiping.

So yeah, he could've pulled that out of his ass.

Sky Dog wrote:

listen, USA Today isn't going to print ANYTHING about this record unless it was an almost certain deal-they have been burned before and actually turned pretty cynical for the last couple of years. The Best Buy deal is basically done according to multiple different sources. This is it. Axl08, this isn't fan bullshit anymore. These are major players who don't just make shit up. It's time for people to get paid-----Azoff, Iovine, and Mr Rose himself. I would think the Best Buy deal alone will pay back recording costs.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

in the end madagas its always a beleive it when i see it mindset for me regarding this album and this band

i dont  care what the sources are

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

We MIGHT be near the promised land, but I'm with Neemo on this. I have to see real action instead of hints of action. When Uni makes a statement saying its done, wrapped in cellophane, on its way to Best Buy/Wal Mart/Itunes/whatever on a certain date, THEN I'll get excited.

Until then its all pipe dreams.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

It is the beginning of what is expected to be a series of announcements about Guns '˜N Roses, the main point being that the album will be finally released and before Christmas.

What was expected was a release date of '99 at the latest. This doesn't mean jack to anyone.

I hope it's true.  But a lot of respectable news outlets even bigger than USA Today have reported over the years that Chinese Democracy would be out soon and then nothing happened.   Back in 2007 everyone jumped on that March 7th date Axl pulled out his ass and we all know how that turned out.  What was that old Rolling Stone article where the critic said "I'll believe Chinese Democracy is released when I have the disc in my hands & Axl hasn't come to my house to try to take it back."  Knowing Axl's history I could see him agreeing to release the thing through Best Buy and if it gets shitty reviews, pulling it from the stores so the band can "do additional mixing" on what he considered "unfinished demos."

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

gnrfan87 is right.

I hear what you're saying madagas, but MANY multiple source over MANY years have reported CD being close.

I can remember this spot in 2006 too, multiple source, nothing happened.

I can remember all of this stuff in 2002 after the VMA performance. Nothing.

I can remember an actual release date being recognized for November 2001, and people actually PRE-ORDERING it at many locations and many record retailers. Nothing.

Like James said, at this point, as a long time Gun(wait)er, i'll believe it when I see it. Hopefully it's true. *fingers crossed*

Board footer