You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Re: We still might get CD before X-Mas

Paxcow wrote:

yeah but from what i've heard...gnr handed the final tapes in to geffen this past april. i don't think that also happened in 2002 or 2006. so.....i hope this means we're getting closer.....

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Paxcow wrote:

yeah but from what i've heard...gnr handed the final tapes in to geffen this past april. i don't think that also happened in 2002 or 2006. so.....i hope this means we're getting closer.....

Axl Rose in 2002 wrote:

It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things. We've sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready.

We have yet to hear that much detail about the progress of the album from anyone. Until we get an actual release date, the album was closer to being finished in 2002 than at any other point in this saga, including the present day.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

It is the beginning of what is expected to be a series of announcements about Guns '˜N Roses, the main point being that the album will be finally released and before Christmas.

Paul Cashmere is also a credible source (he published this article). For those of you who remember he set up the Australian/New Zealand shows in 2007.

I believe in Paul Cashmere.

He gets his news straight from the horse's mouth.

I don't believe anything until it happens.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And just like that quote above by Axl, and the fact in 2006 he said "i'm not gonna release it until I think it's ready"... just goes to PROVE that it's Axl all these years that has impeded the release of the album.

Not us, not Buckethead, not Robin (if it doesn't get released, you watch that'll be the new excuse), not managers, etc.

And that's proven through his own statements.

I think Axl was ready to go in 1999, but the EXTREME negative reception to Oh My God pulled him back. He was ready to go in 2002, but the EXTREME negative reaction to the VMA performance caused him to pull back.

I'm not quite sure where 2006-07 went wrong. Almost everything was positive and the tours were successful.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I'm not quite sure where 2006-07 went wrong. Almost everything was positive and the tours were successful.

No deal with Universal, that's what went wrong in 2006.

2007 was all about completing the album and raising funds for it.

warriorpriestess
 Rep: 5 

i'm just gonna hope for the best.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

merk was fired in late '06. they were still working on the album at that point so i am sure it kinda just drifted out of reach at that point.  and when they supposedly did get it done a universal rep made a statement about not being willing to negotiate any part of it's release until gnr had managment in place. the delays in the last two years are actually quite reasonable. this is the year, there is too much going on promotion/publicity wise for it not to be.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer