You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: What we expect from on official CD release

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

But if CD comes out, after all these years, even if it's stuff i've already heard, and it barely scratches the 50-minute mark... yeah I might get a 'tad upset.

Tommy Stinson in 2004 wrote:

A few of the songs are pretty epic in length, but that's always been GN'R's thing, hasn't it? I don't think it's a particularly long album, but I think the six I heard are pretty epic. I mean they are just... fucking huge, you know. I think pretty much all of us in the band have some songwriting credits on just about everything."

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I remember that quote, but that's not how I took it.

I think what Tommy was getting at, was that some of the songs are epics, i.e. TWAT, If The World, #2, but even the new band epics are only about 6-1/2 minutes total.

There would be no Coma, or Estranged or November Rain, clocking in at 10 minutes long.

jmho

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

For a punk rocker every song that longer than 3 minutes is epic. Tommy said in 2004 that we'll get 10 or 11 tracks. Axl said 16-18 tracks in 2002. Plans can change, none of us has any idea about it now.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Yeah, but when Axl said 16-18 tracks, i've always thought some of the tracks we know... were probably shorter.

My guess is something in the middle. Probably around 14 tracks with a healthy dose of rockers and epic ballads, ala Use Your Illusion II would be a good healthy balance.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

i believe the albums will be themed, songs like SR, OMG on one album

CITR, TWAT etc etc on another... you catch my drift

I think there will only be 1 album,I mean I would think we were lucky even if we get just 1 new song

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

IF it gets released, I think everything will flood in the next couple of years. IF!

No way with all these years, all this production time, and several confirmed rumors over the years out of the mouth of Axl himself, that they have three albums solidly recorded, and possibly a fourth.

No way Universal spends $13+ million on ONE album.

Board footer