You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Democracy not eligible for Billboard 200?

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I think the midnight madness with the Illusions release would be comparable to an 'exclusive' release for CD.

you gotta be kidding...there is nowhere the level of excitement and anticiaption that there was leading up the the UYI release

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

How? They don't do midnight releases for downloads do they?

Actually they do. You can download new albums at iTunes and Amazon as soon as it hits midnight in your area, at least this is the experience I've had. I'm sure for some albums and movies they don't do that, but for the big ones I'm pretty sure they do.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I think the midnight madness with the Illusions release would be comparable to an 'exclusive' release for CD.

you gotta be kidding...there is nowhere the level of excitement and anticiaption that there was leading up the the UYI release

That's not what i'm saying. The actual ACT of a midnight sale at the store imo would be comparable to an exclusive store release.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That's not what i'm saying. The actual ACT of a midnight sale at the store imo would be comparable to an exclusive store release.

I would definently want to see how many people walk into Best Buy that day and get it.  There's only one Best Buy in about a 50 mile range of me. 

I also, for that reason, don't like exclusive releases.  With a Wal Mart exclusive, you aren't going to have trouble finding it because Wal Marts are fucking everywhere.   But Best Buy isn't the same way.  If i go west in my state, it would be quite a while until i encountered another Best Buy.  I think the second closest one (going west) is about 2 hours away.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Exactly. I think a Best Buy exclusive would make an 'explicit' album more readily available, but are far as moving units, Wal-Mart would be a much smarter choice, and from what I hear - more money for GN'R.

The closest Best Buy for me is over 2 hours away.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Exactly. I think a Best Buy exclusive would make an 'explicit' album more readily available, but are far as moving units, Wal-Mart would be a much smarter choice, and from what I hear - more money for GN'R.

The closest Best Buy for me is over 2 hours away.

Which would then cause you to either order it online from Best Buy and pay their shipping costs... or download it for free. 

I think for casual fans, the choice is obvious.  A Best Buy only release causes the album to not be as available to those who want to buy it.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

Best Buy online usually offers free shipping on their big releases and exclusives so shipping charges shouldn't be an issue. The only issue I see is if you want  the sale price for new releases you won't be able to pre-order it at that price at least until a few days before the release date. So its unlikely anyone would receive it on the date of release if you wait for the sale price.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

There's no way i'm ordering it online. After all this time, I want the satisfaction of finishing the job, OLD SCHOOL.

I want to walk in to the store, and buy the album, and listen to it in the car on the ride home. Even if it's a 4-hour round trip.

But most wouldn't do that. I'm a diehard.

Board footer