You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Re: update on MSL's site

Aussie wrote:

Sounds like the same person that uploaded Shacklers for MSL is helping him out with his website.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

well it looks like gnr was able to do something to him afterall then... i guess his plan wasnt as fool proof as he had initially thought

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Google can pull ads(and revenue) for many reasons. Its a bit paranoid to immediately accuse GNR. Could GNR have been involved? Of course. Likely? Not in my opinion.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Aussie wrote:

Sounds like the same person that uploaded Shacklers for MSL is helping him out with his website.

Either that or MSL just bought offshore hosting. The server hosting a website (or illegal files) is in a country where US laws aren't applicable. Search google for offshore hosting and you'll find plenty offering the service.

When Chi Dem is released officially we could move evolution to offshore hosting and stream the album all day long. GNR wouldnt be able to touch us 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Tommie wrote:

Heres something weird with his site...I just recently downloaded an add on called flagfox for firefox.  What it does is, when you view a page it displays a flag in the address bar telling you where that pages server is located.  If you click on the flag it pulls up a google earth style map with the address of the server pinpointed.  Ours is located in the UK, most others I visit are somewhere in the U.S.  Now I just went to MSL's site and his server is in China.  Specifically Hong Kong. 10

Chinese Democracy STARTS NOW!!!! lol

That is rather weird.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

harmon420 wrote:

If the GN'R camp had this kind of power to pay someone off to shut them up, we wouldn't see as many bad reviews of the new material that we have.

link me a bad review and i'll link you a positive one, a positive one from a more reputable source, not some bitter blogger. being a realist is fine, just don't exaggerate your negativity. aside from one or two scathing reviews from those who are clearly biased/bitter the leaks have received warm to luke-warm reviews, .

Aussie

Aussie wrote:
harmon420 wrote:

I don't understand why he would be paid off. He didn't leak anything or post a link to anything illegal on his site. If the GN'R camp had this kind of power to pay someone off to shut them up, we wouldn't see as many bad reviews of the new material that we have.

Well HTGTH were deleting the bad review from IGN about Shacklers.  I watched it get posted then deleted over there.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

See that's where it crosses a line. I read that IGN article, and yes it was obviously Slash-biased, but still - it's someone's opinion. Even if it stinks.

But censoring anything that's slightly negative seems like the typical m.o. of Jarmofuror.

Aussie

Aussie wrote:

It's also why Azoff was trying to get cd.com and mygnr in his pocket to go with HTGTH, and from what MSL tells they succeeded.  They want to control the amount and type of information out there (I'm not saying they will succeed though), they also wanted to shut MSL up and cease his activities any way they could.  They thought they had achieved it by getting him banned from the fourms, including any talk of him by other forum members.

But it backfired and he started that blog instead.  I thought his blog was hilarious and the longer it was there the more noteriety that came from it and apparently the more people came out of the woodwork to blab to MSL about various pieces of information and dealings they had with either Universal, Azoff, the GNR camp etc.  He then continued to post this new info on his blog and things continued to snowball.

I am sure they explored legal means to try and directly stop him but when that wasn't possible (probably because that would have resulted in the outting of a mole living in Axls own house) I'm sure they looked at other ways to get the thorn out of their side, suching as complaining to google.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Well the good news from all of that, if true, is that they would not be going through the time and effort for all of that if the album's release wasn't imminent.

I personally don't care how much they silence the big message boards. They all suck at this point anyways, and other than this place, i'm kind of old fashioned in the sense of just being another Guns fan anxious to have the album(s) in my hands, and enjoy the living hell out of it.

Board footer