You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Richard Fortus to tour with Rihanna this fall

James wrote:

Well, Rihanna isn't a band. She's a major solo act and Fortus is meaningless in regards to her. She can easily hire someone else. NIN is a whole different ballgame.

I have said for a long time this will be marketed like NIN. GNR is Axl, Axl is GNR. All other pieces to the puzzle meaningless.

I also think the 07-08 lineup is unmarketable. They have zero personality, and the songs being used were written by a lineup from almost ten years ago. Imagine Bumble and Fortus trying to promote Shackler's Revenge in interviews. It would be comical.

Only marketable member of the current lineup is Stinson. Dizzy to a certain extent because he's been there since the 91 era.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And I think the label knows that also James. Thus the reason any smart suit would pressure Axl for a reunion.

I remember saying to a friend in 2004, that the new band would go nowhere without Buckethead. He was their one chance to totally re-invent themselves and still get respect, and with him gone there would be no way. I continued to ponder the thought everytime a leak surfaced, it has Bucket all over it, despite him being a departed member.

*cough* I guess I was right.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't see why this means the new band is dead:

1. I agree that modern GNR is basicly and Axl and who ever he has playing with him (if it's not Slash or Bucket I don't think anyone other than a few real hardcores care who the guitarist is). There's nothing to stop Axl touring with new people and promoting CD that way. I don't really see why people think it would be crazy for bumble to promote SR. Axl tours as GNR when he is the only original member, he plays a CD tour where all that was played was AFD (other than 2 songs or whatever). He survived the loss of Slash, Duff, Izzy, and then Bucket....if he can do that...it shows he can keep a version of GNR existant no matter who is in it.

2.I think the inactivity is likely. These shows are only till November 11. Rumoured release is 25th...Baz was talking about a summer tour was he not...maybe Axl is gearing up for a December-Jan tour to support a release. Not saying it will happen but I dont think this news really prevents it happening.

Abbey_Road
 Rep: 16 

Abbey_Road wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

If this doesn't convince folks that NEW Guns are either no more, or not got any future plans, I don't know what will.

Robin is gone, and with a BIG act - NIN
Richard is gone and with a BIG act - Rihanna
Tommy MIGHT be gone

And to all the new band fans, and I AM one, Robin might leave NIN, but it would make no sense for Richard to drop anything with Rihanna to return to Guns. Rihanna is currently a bigger act and a bigger gig for Richard. It makes me sick to my stomach to say that, but it's the truth.

At this point, unless the new band are planning some one-off shows, GN'R are either inactive AGAIN, or a reunion is being planned.

But the new band is finished imo, one way or the other.

I think you are wrong.  Axl has always given the members of GNR the freedom to do other things.  It's people like you who blow it out of proportion and jump to the "a reunion is happening" or "the new band is done".  This means nothing except that Richard is doing a few side gigs and it has no effect on his status with GNR.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

I think the whole member side project thing is growing tiresome now. In my opinion its just rubbing salt in the big gaping wound that is chinese democracy right now. I really hope azoff can start pulling this together and keep up what little momentum was gained through rb and shacklers.march 09 would be a big dissapointment

Sky Dog wrote:

That's what I'm saying Scabs...get the fucking topic outtahere so we don't go down the same old bullshit road again. Quite frankly, I have turned a corner to the almost completely negative side now about everything. I can't stand that Shacklers may be a single, I can't stand the complete silence, I can't stand the fact that it ever got to this point, I can't stand the same old topics year after year day after day, and I can't stand the fact that I actually still read this tripe.....it is mind numbingly dumb.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Yeah I'n not sure I'd confirm the new band dead because Fortus is playing in a pop stars backing band for 2 weeks.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Rihanna is hot.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Rihanna is hot.

Maybe I will see if I can nail her while she's here in Perth 16

Richard who?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

We want pictures...and not of you Aussie.

Board footer