You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: The "Best Buy" leaks

Saikin wrote:

I'm thinking Kanye will be competition.  His record will sell a lot, because he's popular, not necessarily because he's good.  And it will get a lot of promotion like BLS said.  In fact, i think one of his new songs is already on the radio (not sure though, i don't pay attention). 

Metallica sure set a good example though.  GNR need to promote the living hell out of this thing.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

two scenarios for buying a cds

1. impulse.

cd will have a grand promo and set up at best buy because it is an exlusive and best buy makes a big deal out of these things. people that go in to get a refridgerator will notice chinese democracy and nothing else along the lines of music.

2. proactive shopping.

People leaving the house to find a particular product. the album will not be competing with other new releases since, if this is the case, kayne fans are going to go buy his cd and gnr fans are going to go buy axl's cd.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
Saikin wrote:

I'm thinking Kanye will be competition.  His record will sell a lot, because he's popular, not necessarily because he's good.  And it will get a lot of promotion like BLS said.  In fact, i think one of his new songs is already on the radio (not sure though, i don't pay attention). 

Metallica sure set a good example though.  GNR need to promote the living hell out of this thing.

Exactly. And like I said Kanye's "fans" are not just hip hop fans but fans of music in general. GNR needs to just shove this thing in the faces of everyone and everything. Whore it out for all it's worth.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Exactly. And like I said Kanye's "fans" are not just hip hop fans but fans of music in general. GNR needs to just shove this thing in the faces of everyone and everything. Whore it out for all it's worth.

Kanye is a pop artist, so like you said he crosses between hip hop and ALL the people who love top 40 music (which is a lot).

GNR just need to throw the name "Guns N' Roses", "Axl Rose" and "Chinese Democracy" around so much that people get sick of hearing of it.  Just promote the living shit out of it until everyone who's not in a coma knows about this album.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Yeah it's already a household name but now they have to just kick it into high gear. The only way this album is going to sell is if Axl Rose himself gets out of his house and does the full on promo this album needs. Any other way ain't gonna cut it.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

if they released it on nov. 25 (for axample) and announced a reunion on nov. 26 it would sell like hot cakes.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

It'll do huge numbers because of the exclusivity deal.  Remember it's how much the stores buy not how much they sell.  And BB must have a minimum of albums they must buy in that deal which will garantee GNR the no 1 spot.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

All of this are good points... but without a press release, and no evidence of an active release plan... the word is still - 'TBD' - on this thing.

A Press Release needs to come SOON.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

All of this are good points... but without a press release, and no evidence of an active release plan... the word is still - 'TBD' - on this thing.

A Press Release needs to come SOON.

Agreed.  Like I've said last week.  To me the Nov 25 window is sealed and shut.  Simply will not happen.  So that leaves us with Dec 2, 9 or 16.  By Friday if we still don't have an official statement on a release date you can forget about Dec 2nd as well.  So that leaves us with 2 possible release dates for this year and the chances are not good.  An 09 release is more likely in my opinion if it is to be released.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And then in '09, we will sit back and talk about how likely it is to be released and all the reasons to suppor that theory, just like in 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002...

Not this old boy. I've never said this in all the previous years, but if it doesn't come out in 2008 - it will never come out. And at this point, we're cutting it very close to a definitive "never" for me.

With all the Best Buy stuff going, I just think it's inevitable one way or another. If it isn't released, it'll leak.

Board footer